01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware New Hikvision I Series NVR Firmware Update - 4.60.000

No change... still constant stuttering on NVR playback for my seven DS-CD2387G2-LU G5 series cameras running firmware V5.7.3 build 220112.

I thought the one DS-CD2087G2-L G3 series camera I have running firmware V5.5.901 build 211105 was stuttering also but it actually plays fine, so it seems like it's just problematic with G5 series cameras.

I have tried turning the new "storage/advanced/dynamically adjust recording writing buffer" option on and off but I don't see any difference.

Using V4.51.025 I was able to run all cameras full resolution, highest quality, 22 FPS, I-frame interval 22, 16384 Kbps max bitrate, H.264, no +, smoothing 1 (clear)... and playback was smooth.

Anyway, as you mentioned, playback on iVMS-4200 is still good so I'll stick with V4.60.005 and hope new G5 or I-series firmware corrects this.

No change... still constant stuttering on NVR playback for my seven DS-CD2387G2-LU G5 series cameras running firmware V5.7.3 build 220112.

I thought the one DS-CD2087G2-L G3 series camera I have running firmware V5.5.901 build 211105 was stuttering also but it actually plays fine, so it seems like it's just problematic with G5 series cameras.

I have tried turning the new "storage/advanced/dynamically adjust recording writing buffer" option on and off but I don't see any difference.

Using V4.51.025 I was able to run all cameras full resolution, highest quality, 22 FPS, I-frame interval 22, 16384 Kbps max bitrate, H.264, no +, smoothing 1 (clear)... and playback was smooth.

Anyway, as you mentioned, playback on iVMS-4200 is still good so I'll stick with V4.60.005 and hope new G5 or I-series firmware corrects this.
Yes I did see the same stuttering on playback (the anomalies clearly got recorded).
But since the setting changes playback is now OK for me.
I agree with you, the G5 platform does seem to have some issues.
I too tried various buffer settings - I didn't see any differences though.

One thing to try after making the FPS & I-frame changes is to re-boot the cameras individually and see if the the settings stick.
Also make the main stream & continuous stream bit rates the same.
Also try re-booting the NVR after camera changes - reboots showed whether the settings stuck and improved smooth running for me.

The 2387G2-LU(C) cameras are V5.7.3
The 2347GS-LSU/SL(C) cameras are also V5.7.3

Last edited:
I lowered my 8MP cameras from 16384 Kbps to 8192 Kbps and NVR playback is smooth again (no more stuttering).

I agree with you, I don't see any difference in the video quality at the lower bitrate... but, I wonder if the quality is better at the higher bitrate during periods of lots of motion and I'm not noticing.

In any case, the V4.51.025 firmware did not have this issue and I hope it is corrected in a future release!

One other thing... I think I was wrong when I stated:

After checking again, the G3 stutters on NVR playback if I set the max bitrate to 16384 Kbps also... so it seems to be a problem with G3 and G5 8MP cameras not just G5.

I agree with you, I don't see any difference in the video quality at the lower bitrate... but, I wonder if the quality is better at the higher bitrate during periods of lots of motion and I'm not noticing.
Motion blur is more likely a result of low shutter speeds in low light and/or lower FPS.
Yes I would like 25 or 30 FPS but they are too intermittently problematic for me.
The 8Mbps bitrate is fine for these cameras though.
I can view mine on a 55 inch OLED TV and the quality is stunningly good at 8Mbps full screen per camera.

Last edited:
Back