01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware New Hikvision I Series NVR Firmware Update - 4.60.000

mantonl

Hi All, saw the new firmware for the I series yesterday (4.60.000) and have upgraded to it, since upgrading i've noticed an annoying issue, whenever I now reboot the NVR some of the cameras (I have 8 plugged directly into the NVR) randomly don't come back and after about a minute I get the message of incorrect username or password against those camera's. But if i sit and wait for about another 3 mins or so, they do come back and everything is fine. I've tried a factory reset this morning on the NVR and set everything back as was, but sill the same on a reboot. Just wondered if anyone else is finding the same? Lee....

Hi @mantonl

I spoke to a customer yesterday afternoon who was noticing similar issues.

The new firmware seems to be a significant update but has its problems which we'll point out to Hikvision. We haven't tested it properly yet, but any mouse connected directly to the NVR seems to work only sporadically, and there are camera connection issues on this version.

It's probably best to use V4.51.025 for now, which seems to work a lot better.

Last edited:
I can confirm exactly the same problem with this firmware affecting just some models. It seems to affect the G2 sound and light camera and G2 ColorVu.

Is downgrading the firmware as simply as the upgrade or do you need special software?

I upgraded my 7732NI NVR to 4.60.000 a few days ago, direct via USB stick.

All is well with a mixture of generic PTZ, HiLook, and Hikvision cameras including G2 ColorVu cams.
False triggering & flickering date/image on the 8MP ColorVu cameras now seems to be mostly resolved.
Performance overall in playback seems smoother.
No mouse issues - I'm using a Logitech wireless mouse (dongle paired initially on a PC).

One thing I did notice was the continuous and event video settings were different after the upgrade.
Almost as if they had been read directly from the cameras and not the NVR because I thought I had set them all identical before hand!
To make sure I went through all 16 cameras on the NVR and made the continuous and event video settings identical (albeit different per camera type).
Where possible all are operating in H265, + OFF, with max res & frame rates set per camera.

The 4.60 firmware seems to make overall operation smoother for me, time will tell.

Being able to display VCA rules in live view is useful but switching around camera views causes lines/boxes scaling mismatch issues.

I've not seen any issues following reboot but possibly because all of my channels are set to manual not plug and play (just a guess). No camera specific issues noticed. Playback is not a smooth when motion triggers an event but that's on all models. Local camera record icon flashing across all channels globally when motion is detected on one channel. At some point I'll roll all the way back to 4.40.016 as this was the last version when playback operated correctly when switching between normal and smart.

You should be able to perform a roll-back in exactly the same way as a firmware update.
Just selecting an earlier firmware version, rather than newer / the latest.

Really?

It's that simple?

So I just download the previous version on USB stick and upgrade the firmware the same way?

Will it go back yo factory settings afterwards?

I thought you couldn't downgrade firmware

Will it go back yo factory settings afterwards?

I thought you couldn't downgrade firmware
It will keep previous settings.

It seems to be more of an issue downgrading camera firmware to previous versions. I've not had any issues downgrading NVR firmware before.

Very rarely Hikvision will state that following an upgrade it will not be possible to revert.
When they make major changes to the user-interface for example.
e.g. when the GUI changed from V3 to V4.
But generally, it's fine.

Back