01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware New Hikvision I Series NVR Firmware Update - 4.60.005

4.60.005. I've not noticed the following setting before (though it may have already been there)

There's now a checkbox setting in Storage > Advanced to "Dynamically Adjust Recording Writing Buffer". It is off by default. If enabled you're presented with a prompt to confirm that you haven't exceeded the maximum bit rate on any channel and that the total bit rate for all cameras does not exceed the NVRs bandwidth limit (80Mbps for 8 Channel, 160Mbps for 16 channel) It shows the current total bandwidth.

With the new version the reconnect issue is still there. And even after all cameras show as online on the UI, hik connect takes few more minutes till they are back online.

4.60.005. I've not noticed the following setting before (though it may have already been there)

There's now a checkbox setting in Storage > Advanced to "Dynamically Adjust Recording Writing Buffer". It is off by default.

Just checked, it is there on 4.60.000 but I'd not noticed it either.
I've enabled it to see what it does.

Update:
Can't see any difference with the setting on or off

Last edited:
Ha Ha just read those detailed release notes for 4.60.005.... After the multiple issues I had with 4.60.000 randomly stopping camera's reconnecting on reboot, and the Hik app stopping working in HD (half the camera picture was just a large green block) and camera's just dropping their connection, I reverted back to firmware 4.5.1.025 and all these issues went away again. I wont be in a rush to upgrade again until the release notes are a lot more detailed and state that they have fixed the camera's connecting issues...

Ha Ha just read those detailed release notes for 4.60.005.... After the multiple issues I had with 4.60.000 randomly stopping camera's reconnecting on reboot, and the Hik app stopping working in HD (half the camera picture was just a large green block) and camera's just dropping their connection, I reverted back to firmware 4.5.1.025 and all these issues went away again. I wont be in a rush to upgrade again until the release notes are a lot more detailed and state that they have fixed the camera's connecting issues...
I had the same issue with cam vid on Hik-Connect and iVMS not working on H265+. Was just a large green block. Reported the issue to Hikvision and they advised to not use H265+! Rolled back to 4.5.1.025 and all working again

I also have this same issue.

I'd like to downgrade back to 4.5.1.025 but I am not sure how. Can I use the usual NVR firmware upgrade method (will it accept the older firmware file) or must I use some other workaround (I see some reference to this TFTP tool - but it seems specific to downgrading the cameras) ?

I also have this same issue.

I'd like to downgrade back to 4.5.1.025 but I am not sure how. Can I use the usual NVR firmware upgrade method (will it accept the older firmware file) or must I use some other workaround (I see some reference to this TFTP tool - but it seems specific to downgrading the cameras) ?
Just use the firmware upgrade option in the NVR and point it to a download of version 4.5.1.025 and it will revert you back to that version... Simple :)

When are Hikvision going to sort the green box issue out? It's not ideal being on old firmware.

Just use the firmware upgrade option in the NVR and point it to a download of version 4.5.1.025 and it will revert you back to that version... Simple :)
Thank you. Went smoothly... The NVR starts up the wizard on first login after the downgrade, but you can just exit out and all is working well with previous config. Hik-Connect app working perfectly again!

Let's hope the new firmware issue is fixed soon.

V4.60.005 build 220108 applied to NVR.
Cannot open URL/IP address on MS Edge at all. No error/nothing !
Can open URL/IP address on CHROME. Cannot do Live View of camera. But does allow me to connect/manage cameras.

iVMS 3.7.0.5 appears to work however when logging in as ADMIN i cannot do remote configuration of camera device.
iVMS on iPAD has green block but only on newest camera installed 2CD2586g2 (which is brilliant btw) both main + substream are H.265 (+ is off) and iframe=50. Other 7x cameras are still ok.

Any ideas on:
1. Why browser issues on live view on accessing via Edge (it was ok on previous firmware <6 on NVR)?
2. Green block issue .. i've read that somewhere on forum but cant find for life of me .. any pointers to that fix?
3. Why i cant configure encoding channel for device via ivms4200 on PC even tho i am an admin?

So many Q's so little manual with detail :)

Hi Dave

Cannot open URL/IP address on MS Edge at all. No error/nothing !

Try clearing "browsing history" and "cached images and files" on MS Edge.

Green block issue .. i've read that somewhere on forum but cant find for life of me .. any pointers to that fix?

Here's the thread regarding the green block issue... I don't know if it's been resolved yet because I don't use Hik-connect for playback but seems like most had to downgrade to V4.51.025 to resolve it for now. Be careful if you downgrade though, I had trouble getting online status in platform access when I downgraded... I think if you "unbind" before the downgrade and "bind" again after it may avoid that... but not sure so beware! The downgrade may set the NVR back to defaults?

Can open URL/IP address on CHROME. Cannot do Live View of camera. But does allow me to connect/manage cameras.

I don't use Chrome but you probably need to rerun/reload "Local Device Components" by clicking on "Download Plug-in" when you log into the web GUI. You need to do this after clearing cache in MS Edge also.

I'm curious, what do you have max bitrate set to on the 2CD2586g2?

I've just noticed a new version of the firmware on Hik's UK NVR products page DS-7608NI-I2/8P... Its version V4.61.000_220507 but as there are no release notes for it anywhere that I can find, i'll not be touching it till the notes confirm that all the bugs that were introduced in firmare version 4.60 (like the camera's randomly disconnecting, camera's very slow to connect on reboot and the green blocking issue on the Hik connect app) have all been sorted. If anyone does find any notes for it or gives the firmware a try, please let me know how you got on...
Thanks Lee...

Hi @mantonl

I have V4.61.000 build 220507 loaded on a spare I-series NVR now... I'm still running V4.51.025 on my main NVR because of an issue that started with V4.60.000.

I can confirm the Hik-connect reconnect delay after a reboot is still present, but that doesn't seem so troublesome.

I never experienced the green block issue in Hik-connect playback because I do not use Hik-connect for playback too often so did not notice it... I have checked now and playback on Hik-connect works well... I use H.264 so if it's a H.265 or H.265+ problem I would not see it.

My issue is playback stuttering on the NVR interface for cameras running at anything over 8192 Kbps... I run 7 8MP cameras at 16384K with V.51.025 and NVR playback is smooth. I don't see others mentioning this issue much so it may be something unique to my configuration.

Others have been discussing the new V4.61 releases on these two threads:

There are mixed results.

Back