01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware New Hikvision I Series NVR Firmware Update - 4.61.000

I went back to the HIK website. and noticed that the file has changed.
the original was labelled Firmware_V4.61.000_220428
the the file now is called Firmware_V4.61.000_220507 !!

I compared the size of the unpacked digicap.dav files and they differ by about 20k and the file timestamp is 07/05.
@JB1970 , did you download the original file or the newer one from Saturday.
Awww poo !

I save all the files as I download them so I can update older systems without the portal. I’ll have to check when I get home when I installed it but it was the earlier build date. Well spotted!

bit the bullet and updated.
the polygon drawing in the motion detection for my 2047 (non C) G3 cam is back now. (the older built had resulted in old box drawing).
the detection target setting for human and vehicles is also back.

why can't they do point release instead of just changing the build date.. aggrr

bit the bullet and updated.
the polygon drawing in the motion detection for my 2047 (non C) G3 cam is back now. (the older built had resulted in old box drawing).
the detection target setting for human and vehicles is also back.

why can't they do point release instead of just changing the build date.. aggrr
Just got home. So I used the earlier build date file as I said and can see I loaded it at 12:43 on 07/05. Usually when the file appears it is already a few days past the build date so I guess the new one (build 220507) wasn't available when I ran the update.

the polygon drawing in the motion detection for my 2047 (non C) G3 cam is back now
Glad I wasn't the only one who had the issue. I'll maybe wait until the new build appears on the portal before updating again.

using V4.51.025 I was able to run seven 8MP cameras at 16384 Kbps max bitrate and playback was smooth... on the 4.6 versions playback on the NVR stutters unless I lower the bitrate to 8192 Kbps

Just tried loading the latest V4.61.000 release 220507 but the issue I'm having with NVR playback stuttering for cameras set to 16384Kbps max bitrate still persists for me... again, I don't see anyone else mentioning this, so I'm assuming it's something specific to my setup... :(

Playback on iVMS-4200 still works great.

V4.60 added a "Display VCA Info" button to each camera's toolbar in the live view screen. V4.61 has added the "Display VCA Info" button to each camera's toolbar in the playback screen as well (unless I did not notice it was added with the V4.60 release) ... I'm wondering if the added CPU processing power required for this new functionality is what's causing the NVR to not be able to playback larger bitstreams without stuttering?

The "display VCA Info" in the live view screen works but if you switch to "Full Screen" the areas/lines are thrown off until you exit full screen... The "display VCA Info" button on the playback screen does not seem to work?

Last edited:
Guys, wrt to the high bitrates you are using. have you noticed any correlation between bitrate and the green screen?

Looking at hik-connect the other day I noticed green block on the local connection, but no green block on the remote hik connect stream.
Compared the settings and local connection used HD and remote displayed Basic (SD) .. switching the remote stream to HD resulted in green blocks.
So i started playing with the custom settings for the local stream.. (Remote only shows Basic and HD)
When I increased the bitrate the green block got bigger and when I decreased the bit rate, the green block disappeared.

Wondering whether this is sign of reduced bandwidth - somehow introduced in 4.6? (and its still there in 4.61)

Guys, wrt to the high bitrates you are using. have you noticed any correlation between bitrate and the green screen?

I have not been getting the green blocks in Hik-connect at all...

If I view a 16384Kbps 8MP camera in Hik-connect while connected to the Wi-Fi on the same network as the NVR, the HD live view in Hik-connect works great. If I try the same thing while connected to the cellular network, the camera never loads.

So, I think the green blocks probably are related to the bitrate, but the 16384 Kbps stream will not load at all... therefore I never see green blocks. Maybe an 8192 Kbps stream will load, but then the connection speed can't quite keep up and that is causing the green blocks. It seems like this is what you are experiencing also:

When I increased the bitrate the green block got bigger and when I decreased the bit rate, the green block disappeared.

The other thing I will note is I use H.264 and I had seen others wondering back in January if the H.265 or H.265+ protocols were causing the green blocks after the V4.6 update.

Wondering whether this is sign of reduced bandwidth - somehow introduced in 4.6? (and its still there in 4.61)

Overall, it seems like the V4.6 firmware has "slowed down" the NVR... that what it feels like when I try to use the NVR playback on the high bitstream cameras... still wondering if it has something to do with the new "view VCA" buttons on live view/playback or maybe something to do with that new advanced disk buffering setting that we know nothing about. :(

On the local menu - Maintenance > Camera. In the camera list Motion detection used to be incorrectly shown as "Not Used" on all AcuSense cameras - it now correctly reports "Used" (where motion is enabled)
I spoke too soon. As my earlier post this was fixed in 4.61.000_220428, but unfortunately that build broke functionality with AcuSense cameras. 4.61.000_220507 resolves the issue with AcuSense cameras but is back to showing motion detection as "Not Used" on AcuSense cameras when it is in fact enabled.

Is this Mac only? And showing ok local and on PC and hikconnect ? the green screen stuff is really getting annoying..

And showing ok local and on PC
Microsoft Edge (Windows 11 ARM on Parallels VM) - fine
Firefox (Windows 11 ARM on Parallels VM) - fine
Chrome (Windows 11 ARM on Parallels VM) - fine
Firefox MacOS - fine
Chrome MacOS - fine

Working on Safari now. Cleared the browser history and it's now working. I've not had that before....

Last edited:
Hi Newbie here, hello all

I have a DS-7616NI-I2 /16P on V4.60.005 build 220108. Been faultless for a couple of years. I update the firmware every now and then, this morning I noticed there's V4.61.000_220527 on the global site.

I downloaded it, unzipped, but can't upgrade. The manual upgrade field in the basic settings tab is greyed out. I can't select the upgrade file. It's never happened before.

I'm using MS edge so I'm assuming it open a Edge window to display the basic settings.

Any Ideas on what's go wrong?

Thanks Dave

Last edited:
Hi Newbie here, hello all

I have a DS-7616NI-I2 /16P on V4.60.005 build 220108. Been faultless for a couple of years. I update the firmware every now and then, this morning I noticed there's V4.61.000_220527 on the global site.

I downloaded it, unzipped, but can't upgrade. The manual upgrade field in the basic settings tab is greyed out. I can't select the upgrade file. It's never happened before.

I'm using MS edge so I'm assuming it open a Edge window to display the basic settings.

Any Ideas on what's go wrong?

Thanks Dave
It is greyed out but are you maybe clicking 'upgrade' before clicking the selection icon to first browse to the file?

Screenshot 2022-05-18 at 08.12.52.png

Just tried loading the latest V4.61.000 release 220507 but the issue I'm having with NVR playback stuttering for cameras set to 16384Kbps max bitrate still persists for me... again, I don't see anyone else mentioning this, so I'm assuming it's something specific to my setup... :(

Playback on iVMS-4200 still works great.

V4.60 added a "Display VCA Info" button to each camera's toolbar in the live view screen. V4.61 has added the "Display VCA Info" button to each camera's toolbar in the playback screen as well (unless I did not notice it was added with the V4.60 release) ... I'm wondering if the added CPU processing power required for this new functionality is what's causing the NVR to not be able to playback larger bitstreams without stuttering?

The "display VCA Info" in the live view screen works but if you switch to "Full Screen" the areas/lines are thrown off until you exit full screen... The "display VCA Info" button on the playback screen does not seem to work?
I have issues with the latest and previous to latest release.

Hikconnect will not work correctly.
My notification previews either timeout and show the maximum connection error or they just fail to load.
If they do load, like 1 in every 20 tried... it plays for about 3 seconds then the bit rate download counter goes to 0 and stops.
This is with the 8MP turret darkfighter cams. Bitrate also at 16k. Lowering it to 8k makes no difference for me

Can't even use playback as it shows the maximum camera connections.
Last time I rolled back the firmware they blacklisted my serial from Hikconnect.
Might try vsm instead of Hikconnect

It is greyed out but are you maybe clicking 'upgrade' before clicking the selection icon to first browse to the file?

View attachment 7583
Yes that's how I tried, however that box should bring up explorer so one can search for the file no?

I'm not getting that box. It's like the link address is wrong or permissions are stopping it from opening.

I'm unable to populate that field with the file address rather than click the file opening icon. It's like the whole field is disabled.

I also noticed "Import Config. File" box field is the same. Can't bring up explorer via the search folder icon or populate the box with the address.

Got me stumped.

Last edited:
Ok sorted it,

Reinstalled "Localservicecomponents" and it then worked as expected.
I was about to suggest that...I had a bit of bother the other day with a new laptop (MacBook) until I installed the Localservicecomponents, webvideoplugin and also the Mac version. Until I realised I ended up just using iVMS-4200 - importing each camera/DVR and carrying out the update from there. That's the workaround as everything that is needed is contained within the software so no need to install anything in the browser.

Funny you mention installing ivms4200. I reinstalled it to try and sort this out but that didn't work.

I didn't install localservicecomponents from the exe. I was in editing my admin user and saw a tab I haven't seen before. Clicked on that and it executed localservicecomponents. It's now disappeared. Whish I could remember so I can let others know but it wasn't named localservicecomponents.

Pays to fish around.
I was about to suggest that...I had a bit of bother the other day with a new laptop (MacBook) until I installed the Localservicecomponents, webvideoplugin and also the Mac version. Until I realised I ended up just using iVMS-4200 - importing each camera/DVR and carrying out the update from there. That's the workaround as everything that is needed is contained within the software so no need to install anything in the browser.

Last edited:
Back