01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware New Hikvision I Series NVR Firmware Update - 4.61.000

Hi @dazulrich

I'm going to try loading it today with my fingers crossed... thanks!

Yesterday, I had noticed there is a newer release of V4.60.005 (now build 220119) on the US website for some of the I-series models... loaded it but did not see any immediate changes.

Thanks for pointing this out.

We've spoken to our Hikvision contact and they don't currently have release notes or details of what updates are included in this firmware, they have said they will speak to Hikvision HQ but they are on holiday till Thursday so if we do get any more concrete information it won't be until the end of this week/early next week.

So far, my I wanna use the NVR incoming bitrate to service 16384 channels aint working...

There's a new feature so you can set a day and time to reboot the NVR weekly...

and Camera/Video Parameters/Main Stream has "I Frame Interval" setting... more disappointment there

On the local menu - Maintenance > Camera. In the camera list Motion detection used to be incorrectly shown as "Not Used" on all AcuSense cameras - it now correctly reports "Used" (where motion is enabled)

So far, my I wanna use the NVR incoming bitrate to service 16384 channels aint working...

Which camera models? Bear in mind some of the newer models have a maximum of 8Mbps in the camera spec.

and Camera/Video Parameters/Main Stream has "I Frame Interval" setting... more disappointment there
Why? It's handy to be able to access that directly, without going separately into the cameras own menu.

Last edited:
Howdy @JB1970

On the local menu - Maintenance > Camera. In the camera list Motion detection used to be incorrectly shown as "Not Used" on all AcuSense cameras - it now correctly reports "Used" (where motion is enabled)
I had noticed this problem before but hadn't noticed it was fixed... that's good.

Camera/Video Parameters/Main Stream has "I Frame Interval" setting... more disappointment there
Why? It's handy to be able to access that directly, without going separately into the cameras own menu.
My mistake here, you are right, it is handy and it does work correctly... where I actually seen a new issue was on the sub-stream settings page... when I make a change there, sometimes after an NVR reboot the camera's sub-stream max bitrate changes to 4096 Kbps and the sub-stream won't load... I have to log into the camera directly and reset it there... not a big deal just a nuisance.

This is the real issue I'm having but I was a bit rushed when I posted this and wasn't clear... using V4.51.025 I was able to run seven 8MP cameras at 16384 Kbps max bitrate and playback was smooth... on the 4.6 versions playback on the NVR stutters unless I lower the bitrate to 8192 Kbps... on another thread, @r44flyer reported a similar symptom:

Minor niggle, NVR playback on higher mega pixel cameras jumps at what appears to be the pre-record buffer point and isn't as smooth as it could be.
However on iVMS playback directly from the NVR on a wired network is very smooth.
But he also noticed that playback on iVMS-4200 was still smooth and I checked then, and this is the case for me also... so the camera stream is being recorded correctly but playback on the NVR itself stutters... I was hoping this V4.61 release would fix that but it did not.

But he also noticed that playback on iVMS-4200 was still smooth and I checked then, and this is the case for me also... so the camera stream is being recorded correctly but playback on the NVR itself stutters... I was hoping this V4.61 release would fix that but it did not.
Yes I remember reading that other thread. I've not seen it on the newer cameras but I do have some stutter issues on a couple of 8MP G1 platform cameras. It occurs during motion as described but only during the day, never on a night. Those cameras are DS-2CD2386G1.

Yes I remember reading that other thread. I've not seen it on the newer cameras but I do have some stutter issues on a couple of 8MP G1 platform cameras.
The cameras I have stuttering on are DS-2CD2387G2-LU (G5 series) and DS-2CD2087G2-L (G3 series)... only when set to 16384K bitrate and only on the NVR playback (iVMS-4200 playback works fine).

The cameras I have stuttering on are DS-2CD2387G2-LU (G5 series) and DS-2CD2087G2-L (G3 series)... only when set to 16384K bitrate and only on the NVR playback (iVMS-4200 playback works fine).
I don't have the issue with the G5's. For reference, my DS-2CD2387G2-LU G5's are set to 25 FPS @ H265, 12288K bit rate (VBR), highest quality with the I frame set 25.

I don't have the issue with the G5's. For reference, my DS-2CD2387G2-LU G5's are set to 25 FPS @ H265, 12288K bit rate (VBR), highest quality with the I frame set 25.
I going to try your settings (currently I'm using H.264) ... are your cameras set to PAL or NTSC? Mine are NTSC and I think 24 is the highest frame rate?

Hi @JB1970

Even with your settings I have stuttering on NVR playback... anything over 8192 Kbps on the 8MP cameras and I have stuttering, although it isn't quite as bad at 12288 Kbps as it is at 16384 Kbps. Seems like I may be the only one experiencing this so I'll keep looking to see what I may be doing differently than everyone else!

I going to try your settings (currently I'm using H.264) ... are your cameras set to PAL or NTSC? Mine are NTSC and I think 24 is the highest frame rate?
Mine are set to PAL. I briefly had one of them set to NTSC as it reduced some image issues caused by some external LED lights that I have. I always mention it but be sure that in Storage > Advanced that you have Pre-Record at 0 seconds (if you're recording 24/7).

Ok so I've just discovered a major issue with this version 4.61.000

Since the update the playback timeline, when smart is selected is practically a solid block of red. On closer inspection all cameras have reverted to the old motion detection - cell selection setup (rather than drawing a polygon). In the local menu, the Human/Vehicle filter in Settings > Normal Event > Motion Detection is missing. It's the same if you log into the NVR menu via browser - cell selection and no AcuSense filtering. Effectively the AcuSense filtering is being ignored completely. I'm going to do a full power cycle but if that doesn't sort it.....it's time to downgrade.....

Edit: Fully powered cycled NVR and all cameras - the issue persists.

Hopefully this version won't make it to the portal (it hasn't as of 09-05-22 08:35). I'd recommend not using this version.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up, I just yesterday upgraded to V4.60.005, so glad I didn't see the later one!
However since my upgrade searching for any events in iVMS returns no results, so I can't actually find any recordings using this version. Sigh, I should learn to leave it alone and not upgrade!

UPDATE - Hikvision Support has responded to me saying they were not aware of the issue and they are now testing the firmware at their end, if they can verify the issues reported here they have said they will temporarily remove the v4.61.000 firmware from the I-series product pages until they can resolve the issue.

UPDATE - Hikvision Support has responded to me saying they were not aware of the issue and they are now testing the firmware at their end, if they can verify the issues reported here they have said they will temporarily remove the v4.61.000 firmware from the I-series product pages until they can resolve the issue.
Thanks for the update @Dan

I've had another look at my NVR this morning. I can see looking by looking at the Smart Playback timeline that prior to the firmware update everything was working correctly with timeline markers following the AcuSense filtering in the cameras (markers for human only). Then after a small break in the timeline where the recording stopped as the NVR rebooted following update, the NVR started triggering on all motion with the smart timeline also showing all motion, solid red. In the menu following the update all AcuSense cameras were seen by the recorder as standard non AcuSense cameras in the sense that the 'Detection Target: Human/Vehicle' option was unavailable in the local menu Event > Normal Event > Motion Detection page and the motion grid had reverted to selecting cells rather than drawing a box.

Everything works normally again after I've reprogrammed it on 4.60.005. The only point to note is that all of my PoE port connected cameras were manually configured with IP addresses in the 192.168.254.xxx range rather than using plug and play, though that should make no difference and never had during firmware updates. Of course that it in itself caused an issue, as the downgrade restored defaults to the NVR, which in turn reset all camera channels to plug and play, which reset all connected cameras.

I went back to the HIK website. and noticed that the file has changed.
the original was labelled Firmware_V4.61.000_220428
the the file now is called Firmware_V4.61.000_220507 !!

I compared the size of the unpacked digicap.dav files and they differ by about 20k and the file timestamp is 07/05.
@JB1970 , did you download the original file or the newer one from Saturday.

Back