01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware M series - New Firmware 4.63.010 available

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
New firmware for the M series NVRs has appeared on both the UK and global product pages. The new version is 4.63.010_230619 and is linked below (Hikvision UK product page). No release notes as yet. Updating mine now and will update below if I can see any changes:

No great changes that I can see from the web interface:
  • At the login page there's a link to download local service components. The properties show that the version bundled with this firmware has been updated again and is now 1.0.0.63
  • At the login page there's a pop up window to "enable the camera microphone"
Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 17.26.31.png

• Once logged in, that also appears in Configuration > System > Channel Management > More Configurations
  • Bad news for Safari users. Although live view and playback work fine, you can see in the left pane that menu of the menu items are missing. There's no Network, Live View, IOT, Target Capture, Low Power Consumption settings available. All of those settings are available if login via Chrome for Mac.
Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 17.30.00.png

• There are per channel audio configuration settings. These are greyed out even when selecting a channel that has an audio enabled camera. They may have been added in the previous version for microphone channels that were added - not sure. It would be handy to be able to adjust the audio settings for the cameras here without the need to log directly into each individual camera but that doesn't appear to be possible.
Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 17.52.24.png

• When logging in with Edge in Internet Explorer mode, there was also that the plugin was out of date (WebComponents.exe). The newer version is 3.0.8.32. The installation/update of that fails for me. That's possibly due to the ARM 64 version of Windows 11 that I run on my Mac (using Parallels VM)

Last edited:
Thanks for the update on this @JB1970! :)

I had a quick flick through everything using a PC running Windows 11 Pro.

I also had to update the Plugin, however, it was successful for me so it was likely due to how you are running things :)

Internet Explorer mode also showed me all the configuration menus, which is nice!

Other than that everything seems to be just like you explained above with the Audio greyed out etc.

Once again thank you for the update JB! :)

No great changes that I can see from the web interface:
  • At the login page there's a link to download local service components. The properties show that the version bundled with this firmware has been updated again and is now 1.0.0.63
  • At the login page there's a pop up window to "enable the camera microphone"
View attachment 9455

This is the version I upgraded to last Friday.

Strangely, and confusingly, I didn't get the link to download Local Service Components nor the 'Enable the camera microphone' pop-up.
If you recall, I had issues with Edge after the upgrade, and you suggested updating local service components to 1.0.0.62 but when downloaded via the NVR, it was actually 1.0.0.63

This is the version I upgraded to last Friday.

Strangely, and confusingly, I didn't get the link to download Local Service Components nor the 'Enable the camera microphone' pop-up.
If you recall, I had issues with Edge after the upgrade, and you suggested updating local service components to 1.0.0.62 but when downloaded via the NVR, it was actually 1.0.0.63
I must have got 1.0.0.62 from the camera possibly - I can't recall. Maybe I'm seeing those prompts as I'm using Safari (even though they're links to Windows executables), not sure.

Back