01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New HikVision system?

kmb786

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Hi

I currently have DS-7608NI-I2-8P with mixture of ANPR, bullet and 3 x 4MP Turet Color Vue cameras all working well.

My daughter is in the process of her new house purchase with no cctv currently installed. I’m looking into what system to get her so would appreciate any advice on following and where I can buy the kit from please.

1 x DS-7608NI-M2-8P NVR
4-5 x Color Vue Turet PoE IP cameras - question is do I go for 5MP or 8MP for good night view aswell.

Any advice welcome and where can I get prices and purchase these from in UK as retail customer.

Thanks

Hi

I currently have DS-7608NI-I2-8P with mixture of ANPR, bullet and 3 x 4MP Turet Color Vue cameras all working well.

My daughter is in the process of her new house purchase with no cctv currently installed. I’m looking into what system to get her so would appreciate any advice on following and where I can buy the kit from please.

1 x DS-7608NI-M2-8P NVR
4-5 x Color Vue Turet PoE IP cameras - question is do I go for 5MP or 8MP for good night view aswell.

Any advice welcome and where can I get prices and purchase these from in UK as retail customer.

Thanks
As an end user customer get them from the creators of this forum - www.use-ip.co.uk. I wouldn't recommend purchasing from any supplier/reseller that is not authorised by Hikvision. Too many times you see issues on this forum where an end user cannot get support for issues as an unauthorised reseller is not responsive (and of course Hikvision support will not generally assist an end user)

The M series NVR you've selected is a great choice due to its improved performance over other models and will cope with 8MP cameras if you choose to use them without issue.

Cameras. There's no easy answer to what specific model you should use, but you're right to choose the turrets as they're way less affected by insects, water marking and dirt affecting the image. Unless you really need an ultra wide (105 degree) field of view due to the mounting location, go for 4mm lens models as these still give a very wide 90 degree field of view with less image distortion. A few things to consider:

Standard, ColorVu or Hybrid. You mention ColorVu but without some light, those models will use their white LED illuminator to provide an exposure. If you/your daughter don't mind that being on permanently throughout the night then that's fine, but some people would rather not see it. You can increase exposure times to ensure the light doesn't come on, but that will affect the image quality in other ways such as increased motion blur. The Darkfighter AcuSense (Standard) cameras may be preferable. Alternatively the new Hybrid light cameras get around that decision as you can change your mind later and use them in ColorVu, Standard, or Smart mode. In Smart mode the cameras will use infra red on a night in monochrome, but will switch back to Colour using the White LED when someone enters the protected area. This avoids the LED being permanently on, provides the colour image you want when needed and also provides a great visual deterrent as the 'intruder' sees the LED switch on. A little info from my first use here Pro Series with Smart Hybrid Light - Review and First impressions

Audio and Live Guard. All of the cameras above are available with internal microphone (models ending IU) Also available for ColorVu and Darkfighter AcuSense is the Live Guard option (models ending SU/SL). Live Guard allows you optionally to have strobe light and/or siren/audio message on alarm. The strobe light and siren can be triggered manually from the Hik-Connect app even if the events are not configured to trigger it automatically. That feature is unfortunately not available on the new Hybrid light cameras yet (not sure whether it will be at some point but it could be technically difficult for Hikvision to implement)

Resolution. 4MP, 5MP, 8MP. Always difficult to decide and it really depends on how large the area is that a single camera will cover along with how much detail you NEED. I usually use 4MP as standard in installations unless 8MP are specifically requested/needed. For my own system I have a mix of 4 and 8. I would say that if using 2.8mm ultra wide angle lens models, 8MP is more useful as the wider lens angle increases perspective, making objects seem further apart and targets at the edge of the image appear smaller.

Hi JB1970

Many thanks for your detailed reply.

With regards to the Color Vue cameras, I have the led disabled as it causes too much light with my dusk lights being on at might

As it’s not a very large property to cover, I was thinking of getting the 4mm 3.4? Models but couldn’t decide on the megapixel size to avoid spending too much money on something that’s she may not need - eg. The range to cover the property at different angles is probably no more than 10 meters max so this is where I need advice as to 5MP or 8MP?

Thanks

Hi JB1970

Many thanks for your detailed reply.

With regards to the Color Vue cameras, I have the led disabled as it causes too much light with my dusk lights being on at might

As it’s not a very large property to cover, I was thinking of getting the 4mm 3.4? Models but couldn’t decide on the megapixel size to avoid spending too much money on something that’s she may not need - eg. The range to cover the property at different angles is probably no more than 10 meters max so this is where I need advice as to 5MP or 8MP?

Thanks
When you say 4mm 3.4 models I'm not sure what you mean?

ColorVu models are DS-2CD23x7G2-LU (or LSU/SL for live guard) where x is megapixel
Darkfighter are DS-2CD23x6G2-IU (or ISU/SL for live guard)
Hybrid are DS-2CD23x7G2H-LIU

As I've said it's not really possible to determine what resolution you want as only you know how much detail you want. The field of view is the same so you'll get the same image on screen but the 8MP will allow a little digital zoom, before you go beyond the native resolution and pixelation increases. Perhaps use your own existing setup as a gauge. Alternatively look at the data sheets which give distances for DORI (Detect, Observe, Recognise, Identify). Take those distances as being indicative of what's achievable for daytime in good light.

Back