01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Remote or bluetooth mouse for ds-7608ni-i2/8p ?

newhikvisionuser

Hi,

I've just installed a ds-7608ni-i2/8p NVR system and ran a line for my monitor to another side of the house.

Now when I need to change something on the screen I need to get out another monitor and plug it in where my NVR is.

Any advice on a bluetooth mouse thats compatible or a remote?

Run an extension USB cable from the NVR to your monitor, and then plug in a Logitech USB mouse receiver and run a wireless mouse (something like the M185 for a tenner on Amazon).

Upvote 1
Run an extension USB cable from the NVR to your monitor, and then plug in a Logitech USB mouse receiver and run a wireless mouse (something like the M185 for a tenner on Amazon).
Unfortunately, I don't have access to run a line from the NVR to the Monitor anymore.

Any other suggestions that don't involve running a line would be tremendously helpful.

Upvote 0
How close can you get the line? The mouse I've mentioned runs on 2.4ghz wireless rather than bluetooth. What distance does it need to cover?

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, I don't have access to run a line from the NVR to the Monitor anymore.
There's really not much you can do then. As @cymruchris has advised the easiest way is to connect a 10 metre usb extension cable to the NVR and get the other end as close as you can to your viewing location, then plug in the receiver of a Logitech M185 mouse there. If the mouse location is within wireless range of the end of the USB cable you're good.

When you say you 'ran a line' for your monitor, what cable did you install? Is this simply a long HDMI cable, or did you install CAT5E/CAT6? If it's the latter you can use a KVM extender that will support both the monitor and a USB mouse.

Upvote 0
Now when I need to change something on the screen I need to get out another monitor and plug it in where my NVR is.
Just regarding that part of your post. If your 7608NI-I2 is on the latest firmware, you might be able to change what's showing on the screen using a web browser. The screen layout for many models with new(ish) firmware can be adjusted with a web browser by going to:

Configuration > System > Live View Configuration. Select output HDMI adjust your screen layout and save to affect the change on the monitor.

I use a Logitech MX Anywhere 2 mouse. Just plug the dongle into the NVR. Works fine.
It'll work fine but not at any great distance - IE:

another side of the house

Upvote 0
Back