01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New M series and setting up platform access?

Sorry I'm late, but the broken thumbnails you're seeing aren't just affecting you - it's due to some kind of compatibility issue between the G5 camera and M-Series firmware, which I've been discussing with Hikvision (throughout several M-Series firmware releases).

I'm consistently seeing exactly the same thing as you after a customer reported it to me - the first thumbnail seems to work, and then every other is broken.
I tested other cameras (using G3 and G1 firmware) on the same M-Series NVR, and G5 cameras on an I-Series, and there were correct images on all of the thumbnails.

Out of curiosity, is your phone connected to the same network as the NVR when you see them?
If so, and you switch to mobile data, does that get the thumbnails working again?
Hikvision has asked me to check the same, so I'm going to do that this morning and report back.

Whether my iPhone is connected to the same network as the NVR (with WIFI) or is connected to a different network (with 5G), I get the same result. Interestingly, sometimes 1 image appears but the others don’t per attached photo. I’ve got the latest firmware installed on my M series NVR and all G5 cameras.

Note I’m in Australia so at least this issue is uniform across all geographies…

Attachments

• IMG_3486.png
    IMG_3486.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
The only issue I know of was in regard to the G5 cameras when using AcuSense and e mail notifications which is reported elsewhere. I too use a DS-7616NI-M2/16P with G5 cameras (also have G1, G3 and H5) but don’t get the ‘failed to load’ issue and haven’t seen it on current or any previous firmware. Confusing but it can’t be purely firmware….

Edit: I only use notifications for line crossing not e mail. I’ll test shortly and see if it’s the same for me

Well 'quelle surprise' - I'm not getting images in notifications while using motion detection :)

Last edited:
Sorry it's taken so long to come back with an update on this.

I spent nearly three hours with Hikvision's R&D team on TeamViewer this morning while they looked at these issues on our NVR and extracted alot of data to go away and look at.

They've assured me that they are "on it" and fully understand the problems, but they have never seen this before, so need to work out the cause.
They said that the initial troubleshooting from this morning suggests there is a problem with the NVR's sending packages to the service (Hik-Connect).

To clarify, the thumbnails only seem to break for motion detection alerts, when the human/vehicle filtering is turned on, for G5 platform cameras connected to M-Series NVRs.
If you turn off the Acusense on the cameras, they seem to work consistently.
If you enable stream encryption, they do not work and you lose the ability to view the event footage via the alert as well.

They're going to update me once they've made some progress, so I'll come back with that here!

Sorry it's taken so long to come back with an update on this.

I spent nearly three hours with Hikvision's R&D team on TeamViewer this morning while they looked at these issues on our NVR and extracted alot of data to go away and look at.

They've assured me that they are "on it" and fully understand the problems, but they have never seen this before, so need to work out the cause.
They said that the initial troubleshooting from this morning suggests there is a problem with the NVR's sending packages to the service (Hik-Connect).

To clarify, the thumbnails only seem to break for motion detection alerts, when the human/vehicle filtering is turned on, for G5 platform cameras connected to M-Series NVRs.
If you turn off the Acusense on the cameras, they seem to work consistently.
If you enable stream encryption, they do not work and you lose the ability to view the event footage via the alert as well.

They're going to update me once they've made some progress, so I'll come back with that here!

Thanks for continuing to follow-up. Hopefully HikVision can figure it out and issue fix in next firmware update.

UPDATE - After some more TeamViewer sessions with Hikvision support this week, their R&D team have worked out that the broken thumbnails are a result of frequent alerts and high video settings exceeding the NVR's buffer limit.

This will be fixed in a future firmware update which I'll post here as soon as it's been released.

Please see their latest response to me below - the temporary fix is, if you can, to alter the motion detection settings so that it isn't triggered as frequently.
If this isn't possible, then our recommendation is to use Intrusion Detection for the time being, as there are no problems with the thumbnails on this.
Specific problem cause:

In the case of frequent alarms, the reading efficiency of the NVR image buffer is reduced, and the picture data in the buffer is read abnormally when transmitting pictures to the HC.

Our R&D department have recommended the temporary solution below:
  1. Adjust the camera channel motion event rule box and decrease the sensitivity, to reduce the alarm frequency.

2. There will be a fixed firmware to extend the time to read pictures from the picture buffer. This will ensure that the picture reading is complete before uploading to Hik-Connect.
When I receive the fixed firmware, I will send you as soon as possible. Any enquiries, please let me know.

This will be fixed in a future firmware update which I'll post here as soon as it's been released.
UPDATE - This issue has now been fixed in the latest V4.63.025 build 231201 firmware, which we have tested.

The new firmware can be downloaded here by searching for your M-Series NVR model:
Firmware - Download - Hikvision.png

We were also able to roll back to an earlier version from this one, but doing so hard-reset the NVR.

So, I would recommend backing up any important footage and exporting the configuration file with your NVR settings in Configuration→System→Maintenance→Upgrade & Maintenance→Export Device Parameters - you can then load this back onto the NVR to retrieve all of the previous settings if they are lost:

Configuration.png

Last edited:
Yes I can confirm that it’s fix on the alert part but still an issue on event.
Thanks for the feedback - can you explain what the issue you're seeing with events is in more detail, please, and I'll look into it?

Back