01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No Playback Functionality With One of the cameras connected t my HikVision DS-7600NI-K2/P Series NVR?

Ben Leach

I have a HikVision DS-7600NI-K2/P Series NVR and eight IP cameras, three of which are new HiLook IPC B140H IR Network Bullet Cameras.
I cannot get playback to work with one of the new cameras, but it is working fine on the other seven.
For the cameras where playback works there are pink blocks depicting camera activity on the slide bar at the bottom of the screen and red triangles in the bottom right hand corner for each day on the calendar.
For the cameras where playback does not works there are no pink blocks depicting camera activity on the slide bar at the bottom of the screen and no red triangles in the bottom right hand corner for each day on the calendar.
Does anybody have any idea what I need to do to get the relevant camera playback functionality working?
Thanks
Ben

Start by looking in the NVR Settings Storage menu. Ensure that in the Schedule that it is set to record the same as the others. Also if your system is hooked up to a local monitor or TV you would be able to see the recording status of the cameras as there is a red clapperboard icon in the top right of the camera window while live viewing to indicate that recording is in progress.

Upvote 0
Start by looking in the NVR Settings Storage menu. Ensure that in the Schedule that it is set to record the same as the others. Also if your system is hooked up to a local monitor or TV you would be able to see the recording status of the cameras as there is a red clapperboard icon in the top right of the camera window while live viewing to indicate that recording is in progress.
Thank you for your advice. I checked the storage / schedule settings (including advanced settings) for the cameras and they were the same. To double check I copied the schedule settings from one of the other working cameras to the schedule settings of the camera that is not working correctly. The camera is still not working. I do not have a monitor connected directly to the NVR so I cannot check the recording status / red clapperboard. Any other ideas? Thanks again. Ben

Upvote 0
Thank you for your advice. I checked the storage / schedule settings (including advanced settings) for the cameras and they were the same. To double check I copied the schedule settings from one of the other working cameras to the schedule settings of the camera that is not working correctly. The camera is still not working. I do not have a monitor connected directly to the NVR so I cannot check the recording status / red clapperboard. Any other ideas? Thanks again. Ben
Further info. - when I am logged onto the NVR looking at playback, when I select the camera that is not working a message appears in the bottom right hand corner that says "Note - No record file".

Upvote 0
Further info. - when I am logged onto the NVR looking at playback, when I select the camera that is not working a message appears in the bottom right hand corner that says "Note - No record file".
How are you viewing/playing back. Is it using the web browser? If you don't have a monitor connected to the system it might be worth installing iVMS-4200 on your PC.

It's saying "no record file" and so can't find any recording. If you've checked the advanced settings panel you should have seen that the main stream was selected for recording. Can you access the live view of the camera normally? Check the main stream settings for the camera in Settings > Video/Audio and confirm that they are also the same as the others.

Upvote 0
I was viewing / playing back using a web-browser, although I already have iVMS-4200 on my PC.
When I try viewing playback using iVMS-4200 it also says "no record file found".

On the NVR under storage / schedule settings / advanced - main stream is selected as stream type for all cameras.
On the NVR live view of all cameras is fine.
ON the NVR under video / audio the settings under the video tab appear the same for all cameras - to make sure I copied the settings from one of the working cameras onto the one that was not working.
It is still not working - the no record file message is still coming up.

Thanks
Ben

Upvote 0
I was viewing / playing back using a web-browser, although I already have iVMS-4200 on my PC.
When I try viewing playback using iVMS-4200 it also says "no record file found".

On the NVR under storage / schedule settings / advanced - main stream is selected as stream type for all cameras.
On the NVR live view of all cameras is fine.
ON the NVR under video / audio the settings under the video tab appear the same for all cameras - to make sure I copied the settings from one of the working cameras onto the one that was not working.
It is still not working - the no record file message is still coming up.

Thanks
Ben
It's not something I've come across before. I would try a full power down of the NVR. This will drop the power to the cameras whereas a reboot may not. If that does not resolve it, I would then recheck the storage settings and video parameters. The reason I advise that, is that settings configured via the NVR may not have correctly applied on the camera - when the NVR comes back online it will read the settings from the connected cameras again. Very occasionally I've applied a setting, only to find that it was not set on the camera causing an issue. If you still get no joy, the next step would be to factory reset the affected camera before reconnecting it.

Upvote 0
I took the power off the NVR and then powered it back up again - it is working now.
Many many thanks for your assistance.
Ben

Upvote 0
Solution
Back