01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

notification delay another way ?

uvs-300

I am looking for a device that would take the alarm output contacts on the back of the nvr and connect to my local wifi which in turn send a alert on my android phone.
The reason being I often find the delay with hikconnect can be slow and the courier at the door has been and gone.
There is next to no delay on the nvr alarm beeper to the output contacts would trigger a device and use my local wifi network to alert me.
Ideas please.

I am looking for a device that would take the alarm output contacts on the back of the nvr and connect to my local wifi which in turn send a alert on my android phone.
The reason being I often find the delay with hikconnect can be slow and the courier at the door has been and gone.
There is next to no delay on the nvr alarm beeper to the output contacts would trigger a device and use my local wifi network to alert me.
Ideas please.
What generates the Hik-Connect alert; Is this a camera motion event or an intercom call? Anything going through Hik-Connect is usually fairly instant. I’d be looking into why you’re experiencing those delays (you don’t say how long). If you had a smart home platform up and running, the alarm output could connect to some smart switch/contact that triggered a rule to notify you via push or SMS through some service but it’s a complicated way to sort it.

What generates the Hik-Connect alert; Is this a camera motion event or an intercom call? Anything going through Hik-Connect is usually fairly instant. I’d be looking into why you’re experiencing those delays (you don’t say how long). If you had a smart home platform up and running, the alarm output could connect to some smart switch/contact that triggered a rule to notify you via push or SMS through some service but it’s a complicated way to sort it.
2387 cam line crossing and intruder with a 7616ni/m2/16p into asus router . I hear the nvr beep within a second but the time taken to go thru hikconnect and the s23u phone has been shocking the last week 90secs +.
100mbit internet here which I've checked and tru put is 106mb. Rebooted all devices and its as still slow. Thinking it's hiks server perhaps.
Hence I wondered if there was some hardware I could hang from the output terminal on the rear of my nvr to trigger a alert on local wifi to the phone wifi around the house.
Maybe there is a smartswitch device with terminal contact inputs that uses wifi not 4g sms etc.
Thanks

2387 cam line crossing and intruder with a 7616ni/m2/16p into asus router . I hear the nvr beep within a second but the time taken to go thru hikconnect and the s23u phone has been shocking the last week 90secs +.
100mbit internet here which I've checked and tru put is 106mb. Rebooted all devices and its as still slow. Thinking it's hiks server perhaps.
I've noticed a few slight delays this week but nothing like you're experiencing. When I get home I'm in the house with the alarm off and I get the alert, whereas usually I'll get the alert as I'm unlocking the front door. There's definitely something not right for you to be having delays of 90 seconds. Rather than rebooting I'd recommend shutting down then power cycling. A reboot just restarts the operating system on the NVR; it does not drop the PoE to the cameras if used.

Hence I wondered if there was some hardware I could hang from the output terminal on the rear of my nvr to trigger a alert on local wifi to the phone wifi around the house.
If it's just for alerts around the house, you could use a wireless doorbell. With the button removed, solder a pair of wires across the contact pads and connects that wire pair to the NVR. There's a post on here that I did a few years ago. It's simple enough needs no programming and will cost less than £20/$20 depending on where you're located.

I've noticed a few slight delays this week but nothing like you're experiencing. When I get home I'm in the house with the alarm off and I get the alert, whereas usually I'll get the alert as I'm unlocking the front door. There's definitely something not right for you to be having delays of 90 seconds. Rather than rebooting I'd recommend shutting down then power cycling. A reboot just restarts the operating system on the NVR; it does not drop the PoE to the cameras if used.

If it's just for alerts around the house, you could use a wireless doorbell. With the button removed, solder a pair of wires across the contact pads and connects that wire pair to the NVR. There's a post on here that I did a few years ago. It's simple enough needs no programming and will cost less than £20/$20 depending on where you're located.
OK good idea for in house or within earshot.
I was thinking of something to transmit the alert via my wifi so if I was way down in the backyard the phone would alert me with no delay. Something continue to ponder .
I will do the power off/down idea.
Cheers

OK good idea for in house or within earshot.
I was thinking of something to transmit the alert via my wifi so if I was way down in the backyard the phone would alert me with no delay. Something continue to ponder .
I will do the power off/down idea.
Cheers
Most devices that connect to WiFi also use an app. So although both the device and your phone may be on teh same WiFi network, the device calls home to some cloud service. You end up in the same situation where you're reliant on some external cloud service not dissimilar to Hik-Connect. Tuya Smart Life products and their app spring to mind (readily available on Amazon)

Most devices that connect to WiFi also use an app. So although both the device and your phone may be on teh same WiFi network, the device calls home to some cloud service. You end up in the same situation where you're reliant on some external cloud service not dissimilar to Hik-Connect. Tuya Smart Life products and their app spring to mind (readily available on Amazon)
Tried the power down and off and no improvement,still thinking its prob at hiks end as it was not an issue weeks ago.
Umm well maybe if there is another hik connect server to try ?
NVR is set on litedev.us.hik-connect.com with the custom box ticked.

Back