01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR Email Images Working But Not Sure How It Works

Ijuj

Hello.

I've got the email working so I can receive emails. I think I've worked out that the setup from emails should be done on the NVR first, then not sure if any adjustments can/should be made via the web browser for the NVR or Camera.

I can seem to get emails sent for basic motion without the Hik-Connect app recieving notifications which is what I want. I think I have the "Notify surveillance centre" selected on the camera.
(I have an basic motion area on the road outside my house to email me images between 21:00 and 05:00 so every morning I review any activity)

The issue I have is that sometimes notifications will have 3 low resolution images and sometimes 1 higher resolution image. I'm not sure why certain times it switches between the 1 or 3 images. Also, I've had notifications suddenly coming through to Hik-Connect. I'm not sure if this is related to the notification center selection and how and when the NVR and camera synchronise their settings, maybe after I've logged into the camera or NVR?

I ok with how it's working, but I'm puzzled with how it works with the amount of images or notifications going to Hik-Connect. Does anyone here know how it works?

I have the following equipment updated to the latest firmware last week. I also had these questions with with older firmware.
NVR
DS-7608NI-K2/8P

Camera
DS-2CD2386G2-IU

Screenshot_20230520-103110~2.png

Back