01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR reset and cannot view cameras now?

waldopepper

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help us with our Hik-Vision NVR that for some reason reset itself recently!

I couldn't connect via the app or webpage out of nowhere (after no changes by anyone), and only when I connected a monitor directly to the NVR, it popped up with the wizard to create an Admin password so I guess it reset itself?

Anyways I can now login as admin, see settings and recordings from before when it stopped working, but not access the live cameras any longer. I have 2 IP cameras plugged in and they both have a yellow triangle next to them in the camera list and the GUI states "The user name or password is wrong" when I click on them. When I edit each setting, they are setup as Plug-and-play.

The system was setup by someone else years ago and is no longer in business. We never had the admin password, so the one I just created will be different. Is this the password the cameras are looking for? Or might the cameras have their own password that I now need?

I can't delete any cameras ("no IP camera for deletion" message) or add any cameras ("no more IP camera allowed").

I'm a bit stuck - any suggestions?

This is a DS-7604NI-E1, about 7 years old. Firmware v3.4.98

Thanks!

Camera list.jpg

You're going to struggle without the previous admin password. How/if you resolve it will depend on the camera models and whether their firmware was ever updated in their lifetime. The cameras will likely have either had the same (unknown) admin password as the NVR, or if they have (very) old firmware it could be 12345. Unfortunately clicking 'edit' and entering a password may not work, as the IP addresses shown may not be correct. Newer models of camera can be reset by powering up with their reset button held but if yours are old they might not have a reset button. In the absence of a reset button or the previous password, they're going to need to be reset by exporting an xml file from the camera using SADP. That is then sent to Hikvision or an authorised supplier who return a reset file to import into the camera. Hikvision won't deal directly with end users so your best bet would be to get a Hikvision installer to do it for you.

The first thing to try would be to connect a laptop to one of the spare PoE ports on the NVR, set the laptops IP address to 192.168.254.100 (which will be in the same range as the connected cameras) and run SADP tool. That will show the connected IP cameras actual IP addresses, model numbers and firmware version. That will indicate whether the cameras have a reset button. Also on the off chance that they're really old versions of firmware (default password of 12345) you'd be able to login with a web browser using their IP addresses and reset them from their config page, or change the password before editing the channel to suit.

I can't delete any cameras ("no IP camera for deletion" message) or add any cameras ("no more IP camera allowed").
That's expected. As the 4 camera channels shown refer to the PoE ports, you cannot add or delete them. You can however edit them to match the IP address of either a directly connected camera or a camera connected elsewhere on your home network.

Back