01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR Streams - are they transcoded or proxies of the original camera stream?

Jenkins54

1) I couldn't find a definitive answer, but what I'd like to find out is if when viewing the RTSP streams from the NVR on "rtsp://ip-address/Streaming/channels/101" whether this produces the main stream directly from the camera, or whether it is re-encoding it at the NVR level and then producing it? I would rather configure the settings on the camera level first then just use the NVR for the POE, recording, and viewing only.

2) In relation to Q1, do the settings on the NVR under "Device Parameter" > "Video Parameter", change the camera stream settings directly, or again is this at the NVR level only?

Thanks

1) I couldn't find a definitive answer, but what I'd like to find out is if when viewing the RTSP streams from the NVR on "rtsp://ip-address/Streaming/channels/101" whether this produces the main stream directly from the camera, or whether it is re-encoding it at the NVR level and then producing it? I would rather configure the settings on the camera level first then just use the NVR for the POE, recording, and viewing only.

2) In relation to Q1, do the settings on the NVR under "Device Parameter" > "Video Parameter", change the camera stream settings directly, or again is this at the NVR level only?

Thanks
1 - Directly from the camera. It’s not re encoded.

2 - It changes the camera stream settings directly.

Upvote 0
1 - Directly from the camera. It’s not re encoded.

2 - It changes the camera stream settings directly.
JB, thank you for your response- that's good news.

May I ask, what do you recommend to clients for remotely playing back footage & downloading? I have installed iVMS 4200 on Windows, however the requirement to run it as Administrator is rather uncomfortable.... (IT policies in some enviroments would block such access) . Using the browser without the plug-in works but doesn't feature multi-camera synced playback, full resolution streaming, and scrubbing footage is less efficient.

Upvote 0
Back