01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Password reset - "Forget Password?" link doesn't help?

Pike25lb

Hi so I am trying to alter the settings on my colourvu camera
So I put my nvr ip address in the search it diverts me to hik site asks for a password I can't remember so I hit forgotten password it then takes me to recovery page it wants answers to security questions but won't let me put any answers in so I'm a bit stuck

Attachments

• 20240519_151213.jpg
    20240519_151213.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 38
  • 20240519_151233.jpg
    20240519_151233.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 41
Hi @Pike25lb

If the security questions are greyed out this would suggest you haven't set security questions when you first configured the cameras.

This means that your only way to reset the password is to export the password reset file using SADP and send it to your original supplier/seller, if this is not an option the only remaining thing you can do is hard reset the camera back to inactive so you can set a new password.

Hi why do I need to reset the camera when it's the hik site I can't access?

If you can't log into the NVR because you don't have the password, you can't change settings. The connected cameras also have a password (usually the same as the NVR).

If you are entering the IP address of the NVR and don't have the admin password, it's the NVR that needs resetting rather than the cameras but you'll still need to follow the same procedure that @Dan has described. Once the NVR is successfully reset you'll likely have the same problem trying to reconnect the cameras as you don't know the password for them and so the NVR will no longer connect to them. They will then need to be reset individually either using the same method or by accessing the cameras and connecting power while holding the reset button (if present)

Thanks, but fortunately I have found the password so I can access the site.

Next is how do I turn the smart lights on on accusense darkfighter camera?

Same for the colurvu camera?

thanks

Do you mean the flashing light that's triggered by movement?

If so, you need to go to the NVR's event settings for the motion event you would like to trigger it, then go the Linkage Method settings for it, and enable it in the Audio and Alarm Linkage column, e.g:

lNX1C0yARG.png

To change the behaviour of the light (e.g. whether it flashes, just stays on, and for how long), then click on the Flashing Alarm Light Output tab at the top of the above screenshot, and select your camera from the dropdown.

Hi thanks for that but mine does not have that bit on

Attachments

• 17169223172674887650036713091353.jpg
    17169223172674887650036713091353.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 21
You haven't said what model numbers and firmware versions your cameras are. However:
  • to have the strobe light feature the model number must end either ISU/SL ( for the Darkfighter) or LSU/SL (for the ColorVu)
  • If when you said 'Smart Light' you mean that the light comes on when there's motion, that feature only applies to ColorVu cameras (only certain models and firmware version support it) or ColorVu Hybrid models where the camera can switch between infra red and white light LED.

You haven't said what model numbers and firmware versions your cameras are. However:
  • to have the strobe light feature the model number must end either ISU/SL ( for the Darkfighter) or LSU/SL (for the ColorVu)
  • If when you said 'Smart Light' you mean that the light comes on when there's motion, that feature only applies to ColorVu cameras (only certain models and firmware version support it) or ColorVu Hybrid models where the camera can switch between infra red and white light LED.
Hi 1 is acusense dark fighter ds 2CD2386G2-IU

The colorvu is ds 2cd2347g2
The ColorVu camera I did manage to turn the lights off when I first got it now i have moved it I would like to turn the lights on but can't remember how

Hi 1 is acusense dark fighter ds 2CD2386G2-IU

The colorvu is ds 2cd2347g2
The ColorVu camera I did manage to turn the lights off when I first got it now i have moved it I would like to turn the lights on but can't remember how
In most cases you'll need to log in to the camera directly not the NVR but you can check to see if it's available in your NVR menu on the monitor or using the web browser. I assume if you switched them off previously, it's likely that you already have 'Virtual Host' enabled in the NVR. In a web browser go to your NVRs IP address but add :6500x to the end where 'x' is the single digit camera number. So if your NVR is at 192.168.0.100 and your ColorVu is camera 3, you'll go to http://192.168.0.100:65003. Then login with the admin password. Go to Configuration > Image > Display Settings > Day/Night Switch and set it as shown in the image below. You can set the white light to whatever level you want as it's a maximum and the light control being set to 'Auto' will adjust it accordingly:

Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 21.24.30.png

In most cases you'll need to log in to the camera directly not the NVR but you can check to see if it's available in your NVR menu on the monitor or using the web browser. I assume if you switched them off previously, it's likely that you already have 'Virtual Host' enabled in the NVR. In a web browser go to your NVRs IP address but add :6500x to the end where 'x' is the single digit camera number. So if your NVR is at 192.168.0.100 and your ColorVu is camera 3, you'll go to http://192.168.0.100:65003. Then login with the admin password. Go to Configuration > Image > Display Settings > Day/Night Switch and set it as shown in the image below. You can set the white light to whatever level you want as it's a maximum and the light control being set to 'Auto' will adjust it accordingly:

View attachment 11142
Ok thanks I will have a good look tomorrow

Back