01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

SriHome NVS001 – forgot device password, cannot reset to factory settings

Kitsos

Hello all,

Let me first say that I have browsed some relevant threads in various forums, but I have reached a dead end. I am aware that my NVR (NVS001 - WebArchive) is low quality, but I want to make one last attempt to make use of it before researching for a Hikvision or a Dahua.

Recently, I wanted to upgrade the hard disk in the NVR, when I discovered that I had forgotten the device password, which would let me access the various submenus. It’s been several years and I cannot find where I have stored the password, I probably thought it was too obvious for me to forget.
20240414_173400.jpg

What I tried:
  • various password combinations, including the usual (888888-admin default, 000000, 123456, etc)
  • contact SriHome support through Skype – the “Reset Password” functionality is in a submenu that needs the old password to access it…
  • reset device to factory settings – no dedicated button exists on the NVR mainboard, removing/replacing the CMOS battery does nothing, reset button on camera only restarts the camera. The cameras are factory-connected to the NVR wirelessly
  • short some connectors on the motherboard (where a reset button would be) with a metal wire for 30 seconds, no luck
20240414_112945.jpg

It seems to me that the device password is stored on some chip of the NVR mainboard. Here is the only result I could find when searching with the number of the board ( hc911-m36d-usb-rev1.0), not much help either.

The instructions here (4. How to change my device's password) are not helpful in my case, I still have access to my account password.

All thoughts and recommendations are welcome. Thanks in advance!

I think that you are pretty much at the end of the road :(

The response from the manufacturer seems plain daft.

Maybe you can contact the reseller that you bought it from?

Apart from that, it's not a brand that I have ever come across so I don't think anybody here in the forum will have a magic answer, but you never know ...

I think that you are pretty much at the end of the road :(

The response from the manufacturer seems plain daft.

Maybe you can contact the reseller that you bought it from?

Apart from that, it's not a brand that I have ever come across so I don't think anybody here in the forum will have a magic answer, but you never know ...
Yes, I have contacted the reseller (the official Sricam support) and the dead-end discussion resulted in their following response:

"I'm very sorry, your product is too old and we have stopped production~"

As for the magic answer, I am even willing to replace chips on the mainboard or use a hacking tool to brute-force the password, if such a solution was proposed :D

Back