01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Percentage / Regions options smart events

JT_Singh

Hello -

I have the following setup:
  • Hikvision DS-2CD2346G2-IU(2.8MM) 4 MP AcuSense IR Fixed Turret Network Camera
  • Hikvision DS-2CD2347G1-LU (2.8MM) 4MP ColorVu Fixed Turret Network Camera
  • Hikvision DS-7616NI-K2/16P Embedded Plug & Play 4K NVR
Issues:
  1. I am doesn't see any Percentage option on Smart Events when I log into the camera via the web browser. I can set this. If I see it on the NVR though it is greyed out and can't be modified. Not sure why this is the case.
  2. On the Regions dropdown I see only "1" as the option. I don't see any other value in the dropdown which can help me define multiple intrusion detection areas for the same camera view. Why is that?

Hello -

I have the following setup:
  • Hikvision DS-2CD2346G2-IU(2.8MM) 4 MP AcuSense IR Fixed Turret Network Camera
  • Hikvision DS-2CD2347G1-LU (2.8MM) 4MP ColorVu Fixed Turret Network Camera
  • Hikvision DS-7616NI-K2/16P Embedded Plug & Play 4K NVR
Issues:
  1. I am doesn't see any Percentage option on Smart Events when I log into the camera via the web browser. I can set this. If I see it on the NVR though it is greyed out and can't be modified. Not sure why this is the case.
  2. On the Regions dropdown I see only "1" as the option. I don't see any other value in the dropdown which can help me define multiple intrusion detection areas for the same camera view. Why is that?
You must've done nothing else but work on that system since Friday night - did you finish your Whiskey? ;)

PS this is the better forum but don't tell anyone over there I said that!

JB1970 (aka JohnWilliamson)

On the 2346G2's you can set 4 regions for Intrusion. However the ColorVu (2347G1) only supports one region.

Sensitivity is basically the percentage in Line crossing and Intrusion. It's an inverse from 100%, so basically if you set a sensitivity of 70, then 30% of a valid target object (one that falls between the defined minimum and maximum sizes) needs to pass across the line/enter the Intrusion area to trigger an alert.

Last edited:
You must've done nothing else but work on that system since Friday night - did you finish your Whiskey? ;)

PS this is the better forum but don't tell anyone over there I said that!

JB1970 (aka JohnWilliamson)
LOL...... You are spot on. I am sick and tired of trying to configure Hikvision. May turn into an alcoholic by the time I figure this stuff out - if at all I ever do!

Haha - you such a cheeky git (on the forum). Good you mentioned, I'll stick on this one then.

On the 2346G2's you can set 4 regions for Intrusion. However the ColorVu (2347G1) only supports one region.

Sensitivity is basically the percentage in Line crossing and Intrusion. It's an inverse from 100%, so basically if you set a sensitivity of 70, then 30% of a valid target object (one that falls between the defined minimum and maximum sizes) needs to pass across the line/enter the Intrusion area to trigger an alert.

That's a bummer. Shame ColorVu doesn't support more than one region, as I love the clarity and image from it.

On the percentage - that makes sense. One thing of the list then!

LOL...... You are spot on. I am sick and tired of trying to configure Hikvision. May turn into an alcoholic by the time I figure this stuff out - if at all I ever do!

Haha - you such a cheeky git (on the forum). Good you mentioned, I'll stick on this one then.
That's a bummer. Shame ColorVu doesn't support more than one region, as I love the clarity and image from it.

On the percentage - that makes sense. One thing of the list then!
The new ones do. This'll be the last thing you want to hear but the newly released ColorVu DS-2CD2347G2 models use the G3 platform firmware. So not only will they support the additional intrusion zones you want - they also have the same AcuSense functionality as well. So both technologies in one camera.

The new ones do. This'll be the last thing you want to hear but the newly released ColorVu DS-2CD2347G2 models use the G3 platform firmware. So not only will they support the additional intrusion zones you want - they also have the same AcuSense functionality as well. So both technologies in one camera.
You got to be kidding me. I just bought them in July.....#wtfmoment:eek:

Yeah the first rule of Hikvision is don't try to keep up. There is always something new around the corner. I've had so many different models fitted, swapped out and relocated around the house over the last 7 or so.

Attachments

• DS-2CD2347G2-L(U)_DS.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 345
lol...You seemed to have disappeared...... Don't worry, I won't come looking for you in person to help me sort out my hikvision :D
Middlesbrough. You seem like you might be a "tinkerer" and once set up correctly, you'll still mess around with the settings! Not disappeared - you're difficult to find as you've spread your posts around 10 different threads all over the wibbly wobbly web lol

Tell me about it. I just bought the G1 colorvu. I couldn't wait for the G2 to arrive in the UK and also there is a price bump as expected.

I'm for sure going to follow @JB1970's mantra:
Yeah the first rule of Hikvision is don't try to keep up. There is always something new around the corner. I've had so many different models fitted, swapped out and relocated around the house over the last 7 or so.

I wouldn't mind trying Acusense, as the smart events false alert to much under the G1. With tweaking, I have got them down but still alert on car lights etc

I wouldn't mind trying Acusense, as the smart events false alert to much under the G1. With tweaking, I have got them down but still alert on car lights etc
The AcuSense are for more reliable for detection but you do still get some false alerts. During the summer I had some issues with line crossing caused by long (human) shadows in the afternoon sun and I do still get some false alerts from foxes and birds despite the human filter - not so many that it causes an issue. The latest firmware adds a "target validity" setting (for smart events only - not motion). With that additional setting on top of minimum/maximum target size, direction (line crossing) and sensitivity it should be possible to get a good balance - ensuring detection of valid targets whilst minimising false alerts.

The AcuSense are for more reliable for detection but you do still get some false alerts. During the summer I had some issues with line crossing caused by long (human) shadows in the afternoon sun and I do still get some false alerts from foxes and birds despite the human filter - not so many that it causes an issue. The latest firmware adds a "target validity" setting (for smart events only - not motion). With that additional setting on top of minimum/maximum target size, direction (line crossing) and sensitivity it should be possible to get a good balance - ensuring detection of valid targets whilst minimising false alerts.
Is "target validity" only available on Acusense?

On min/max sizes, something I was curious about. I have problem with foxes also. How does on best set these params to ensure the min size, is larger than a fox (horizontal length) but not so that it ignores humans (vertical length). Depending on the angle of the camera, a human can be fairly small % of the image so might be missed if using min size. Of-course if they were closer to the camera they would take up larger %, but then you have potentially have top-down view, in which case again, the % they occupy may in-fact be small. Not sure if I have explained sufficiently :/

Is "target validity" only available on Acusense?

On min/max sizes, something I was curious about. I have problem with foxes also. How does on best set these params to ensure the min size, is larger than a fox (horizontal length) but not so that it ignores humans (vertical length). Depending on the angle of the camera, a human can be fairly small % of the image so might be missed if using min size. Of-course if they were closer to the camera they would take up larger %, but then you have potentially have top-down view, in which case again, the % they occupy may in-fact be small. Not sure if I have explained sufficiently :/
Yes it's the likelihood of the target being Human or Vehicle depending on which you've set.

The issue is as you've described, in that a fox walking directly toward the camera could occupy a similar height and width on the screen due to the perspective -2D vs 3D. There's a lot of trial and error involved. I'll usually set the minimum size box dimensions slightly smaller than a human appears at the distant end of the line to be crossed or intrusion area. I'll set the maximum size larger than a human appears at the closest end of the line or nearest part of the intrusion box to the camera. It helps if you login to the camera, enable rules and view the image in a browser window while setting up so you can see what the camera is reacting to.

Yes it's the likelihood of the target being Human or Vehicle depending on which you've set.

The issue is as you've described, in that a fox walking directly toward the camera could occupy a similar height and width on the screen due to the perspective -2D vs 3D. There's a lot of trial and error involved. I'll usually set the minimum size box dimensions slightly smaller than a human appears at the distant end of the line to be crossed or intrusion area. I'll set the maximum size larger than a human appears at the closest end of the line or nearest part of the intrusion box to the camera. It helps if you login to the camera, enable rules and view the image in a browser window while setting up so you can see what the camera is reacting to.
I've been setting most of the params at the NVR level where no analytics of the smart events are displayed. I will try on the camera. Would be great to view objects triggering events in real-time. Should make it easier to tweak.

I've been setting most of the params at the NVR level where no analytics of the smart events are displayed. I will try on the camera. Would be great to view objects triggering events in real-time. Should make it easier to tweak.
You can still set them via the NVR - it's just that you need the browser live view with rules enabled to see your line/area and how the approaching targets trigger it (or don't)

Back