01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How Do I Download 7hrs of Footage from my Hikvision NVR?

Crinela

Hello, pls help me, I want to download the video files on usb stick, from 7 hours ,but is downloaded in frames , what can I do? pls need help urgently

Last edited:
Hi @Crinela

We'll need more information, can you please confirm the brand & model number of the NVR/camera you are trying to download footage from?

What exactly do you mean by "downloaded in frames"? Are you only getting a series of still captures when you try to download the footage?

Thanks @Crinela

Can you please explain exactly the steps you are taking to try and download the footage?
Do you have any screenshots/photos of the menus where you are trying to download the footage from?

In the meniu I have only search button for footage, I entered to the meniu, I pressed the searched button I selected time 7.30 am to 14.30 pm I have searched the footage, and appeared 6,7 captures to 7, 30 to 8,30 and so on , 6,7 captures , havecI selected all?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240703_164732_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240703_164732_YouTube.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20240703_164740_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240703_164740_YouTube.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 19
Thanks @Crinela

The description is helpful but it's quite difficult to visualise what you are describing.

Can you please share screenshots/photos of what you are seeing when searching for the footage?

When you say "appeared 6,7 captures to 7, 30 to 8,30 and so on , 6,7 captures" that sounds like you have sporadic footage in the playback timeline which would suggest your camera is not configured for continuous recording and thus you won't be able to export the whole 7hrs.

Have you checked the NVRs Record Schedule to see if this camera is configured for Continuous or Event recording?

Okay,

So the NVR breaks up your continuous recording into set packages of footage that are usually around 30 minutes in length by default, so if you wanted to download 7hrs of continuous footage you would need to download the multiple packages of footage that make up that 7hrs.

You can extend the duration of these packages, but I don't think you'll be able to extend it long enough that you'll get the whole 7hrs in one file.

Something is being lost in translation here.

Can you please explain exactly what you are trying to do?

What footage do you want to download?

What exactly do you mean by "downloaded in frames"?

Okay,

That is what I thought, if you want to download all 7hrs of footage you will need to go into those search results (as is shown in the video) and select the multiple files that cover the 7-hour window you want to download.

You won't be able to download just one file that contains 7hrs of footage.

Back