01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS Download footage from ivms-4200 and play it on VLC?

saunders1989

Hi,

I am trying to download some video footage for the police and am really struggling to actually get the video to play. I am on a mac and i have been able to view the footage on ivms-4200.

I have also been able to download that footage to a file (.mp4) but cannot get this to show any video or audio when viewing on VLC.

I have download VSPLayer and it can't seem to recognise my file to open it. which isnt ideal to say to the police can you download a new program just to view this.

My camera settings are below:

1696852341512.png

What am i missing to get this to be viewed on VLC so i can send the footage to the police.

thank you

I'd like to know if this is possible too. I had the same issue with the police recently. I just sent the files and hoped they had software to play it...

If you download via iVMS-4200 there is an option to download a HikVision player which works for me locally, but it's not possible (or sensible if it was possible) to send the HikVision .exe player to the police or other agencies!

Not sure why HikVision use some weird unsupported format or if there is an easy tool to use to re-code footage?

ive recently used the VS Player to convert a Hikvision file into a standard MP4 to pass to the police - the Mac version doesn't have this feature though, im fortunate to have a windows virtual machine I can do this on, and it worked, and the police could play the file back no problem

how are you opening the file in vsplayer, I usually just open vsplayer and drag the file on to it.

hmm thats annoying the mac version doesnt have that feature. i dont have a virtual machine either. maybe i need to download a virtual machine.

I just drag the file onto vsplayer but everytime i try and press play. it just crashes and closes

i have, let me guess its a problem wiht the OS?

when i drag and drop it onto vsplayer. i see a thumbnail but also if i right click. i see remove invalid file

yeah, I get the same, I did my convert a few weeks ago so hadn't upgraded then, now im upgraded, VS Player won't work on Mac

don't see why not, I have a NAS with a Windows Virtual Machine on it, and I did the convert in there.

When you do the convert, make sure you edit the audio settings. I converted mine to MP4, but the audio was compressed and not really audible, set this to the highest setting so you preserve the alit of your audio (if you need the audio that is)

do you have a Mac with intel CPU or apple silicon?

ah okay. im also seeing if my neighbour has a pc.

thanks for the tip.

i have a apple M2 max

ah no worries, could have done boot camp if intel, that was my thinking.

will try virtual box and see if i can get something.

never had to do this so this is all new to me. just frustrating its not a simple export

I know, I did send the raw file to the police, and they did manage to open it in what ever they have, but the audio didn't work and that was key for me, if you just need the video footage, maybe you can just send what you have?

dont think virtual box works on M1/2 anymore. the audio isnt super important so could just send it and hope its okay

its worth a try, what happens with VLC - I just tried one of my files, and it take a good while to display something, but it eventually does - im using 3.0.18

the test file im using takes about 40 seconds to eventually display something in vlc

i have just been able to view the file on vsplayer but when watching it, it has lots of green boxes for the movement detection. how do i remove them? will they be removed when converting?

using vsplayer on the PC you have managed to see it? the green boxes are the VCA

Back