01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

POE switch into NVR

hiky

Hi all, please help my brain from exploding

I have just installed 2 Hik Ptz cams and 2 static hik cams at a location with no data connection, I have built a small cab with poe switch, patch panel and a Ubiquiti psu for a gigabeam dish, everything here is tested and working fine

The main premises has internet, the gigabeam is sending data back to the main premises and into a passive switch, from the switch I am connecting to one of the channels on the NVR

My issue is that the NVR only finds a single camera from the remote location ? Infact if I unplug and re attach the fly lead from the switch to an NVR chanel I get a random different cam show up from the remote location, the NCR is a Hikvision DS 7608NI I2/8P

What am I missing ?? I wrongly assumed connecting the switch to an NVR chanel would be all that I needed to do and the NVR would simply assign a chanel to each camera from the remote location

Please help my brain, its a bit confused

Hik cameras default to 192.168.1.64 so you're likely seeing their IP addresses clash.

Connect the passive switch to your LAN and check if all the cameras are being detected by SADP tool. Activate them and set their IPs to reflect the NVRs internal NIC 192.168.254.2, 192.168.254.3 etc.

Connect the passive switch back to the NVR and you should see all the cameras and be able to add them

Reactions: Dan
Thank you for the reply, luckily the cameras at the remote location have been previously used at the same local, so already activated and working on the nvrs sub net, reading around I found info about disabling the nvrs poe ports where the switch conects and to disable the poe on 4 other ports if 4 cameras are being added via switch, all thus must be done via Web browser access, the Nvr does not have the option to disable poe at selected ports

This type of connection is new to me so I am on a learning curve

Back