01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Problem accessing camera with DVR that uses a Wi-Fi dongle?

Hi,

To be honest I hadn't really thought about the future in terms of firmware support etc. I was too busy feeling annoyed with myself by thinking I've wasted my time and money on something I could have achieved with my K series.
My original plan was to buy and keep the M series and then stick a spare hard drive into my K series and sell it on eBay.
Obviously I could still do that. I'm just annoyed that I couldn't get what I wanted using that damn dongle. I cannot understand why Hikvision have this dongle option DVR if it doesn't work as expected (or maybe it would if I knew how?).
I've got about a week to make up my mind but I'll definitely be taking your advice seriously.
FYI, I have one 5MP TVI camera (hence the reason for buying a turbo model) and two Hikvision 8MP IP cameras - model DS-2CD2H85G1-IZS.

Thanks for your help.

Sean
You’ve more IP cameras than TVI and the TVI is the cheaper. Maybe hang on to your previous DVR and when you’re ready, upgrade to one of the NXI model NVRs (sacrificing/eBaying the 5MP TVI). That would be a better upgrade path. The NXI model would give you AcuSense on your existing IP cameras that don't have it and the you would get a suitable IP cam to replace that 5MP TVI. Going with TVI cameras and DVR is the cheaper option but it's at the cost of performance/reliability. I always try to install IP whenever I can.

Back