01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Problems detecting KD8003 on another PoE switch?

ten5ion

Hi,
new to this forum and in HIK Vision world. I have a question; I got one Indoor station (KH6320-WTE1) and 2x KD8003-IME1(B). I'm trying to use the indoor station and one of the KD8003 on one PoE switch, and the last KD8003 on another PoE switch which both are connected through same network. But, I'm having trouble finding the last KD8003, the one which is not connected to the same PoE switch as the indoor station, in iVMS?

Everything is set up using DHCP, and at one point i got it to work setting it up using the KH6320, but there was some network failure and when i was starting it up again nothing seemed to work. The weird part is when i use the indoor station (KH6320) and pressing 'Live View', all of a sudden my missing KD8003 starts working.

(Excuse my bad english, as it's my second language)
Thanks in advance!

Hi @ten5ion - could you explain what the PoE with the single problematic KD8003 is connected to please, and the model number of the switch?
E.g. any APs, Powerlines, or daisy-chained switches?

Have you tried different port on the switch?

Also, if you use the SADP tool to scan your network instead, does this find the KD8003?

It's worth trying from a PC hardwired to your router via ethernet too, as opposed to Wi-Fi.

Back