01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Problems formatting SD card - returns to "Uninitialized"

Richard H

Hi all,

I've just connected up my first HikVision camera - a DS-2CD2355FWD-I. I've inserted a Sandisk SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC UHS-I card which it recognises, but seems to have problems formatting, or maybe I just don't understand the interface!

It shows a the correct capacity, with 0GB free space and status "Uninitialized". I have attempted to format it via the web interface, and the process starts promisingly. The Progress bar gets to 26% quickly and stays like that for a little while. It then reaches 100%, but after two or three seconds the screen refreshes, and it returns to the original "Uninitialized" state.

Am I doing something wrong?

Richard

Hi Richard, I think we discussed this on the phone earlier today. Let us know how you get on with the suggestions please.

Hi Phil

Yes, thank you. I've just had chance to take the card out and do a full (not fast) format in a PC. Put it back in the camera and now it formatted properly. Thanks for the help.

Regarding my other query in the chat session, I've been doing lots of fine tuning in the advanced motion settings and I've improved things quite a bit, though the camera does seem rather easily fooled by my gravel! It looks like the line crossing option might work better for me though.

Thanks for your help,
Richard

Back