01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Remote/Isolated Hikvision PTZs with P2P Wireless Stations - system design?

zane

Hi

I need to setup 3 PTZs on a completely isolated Farm location, with no power sources and no internet access.
My configuration question is rather detailed, but I'm looking for advise on 2 key points.
(1) Power requirements
(2) Sending PTZ feed to the NVR.

My Setup:
- 3 x Hikvision PTZs (2MP - 25X DarkFighter) - Each located 150m apart - Triangulated
- 2 of the PTZs connected to a 5Ghz HIKVISION P2P CPE 867Mbps 5km range (I know its overkill) - raised 5m high in a triangular line of sight config
- These 2 PTZs need to send their video feeds to the NVR via the P2P CPEs
- The 3rd PTZ is direct cable connected to my NVR - Hikvision 7100 Series 8-ch PoE 1080p Mini 1U NVR DS-7108NI-Q1/8P
- All devices are powered by Heavy Duty Power Station Battery Pack (Solar Powered):
- AC Output (pure sine wave): 230V AC, 200W Continuous, 400W Surge Peak - I could get a bigger Wattage Pack
- I have one of these Battery Packs at each location
- I have PoE Injectors/Adapters to connect these devices

My Questions:
1. Will my battery pack suffice to power up my Hikvision 2MP PTZs (18W max. I believe) - ONLY needs to be on during daylight (8 hrs max.) ?
2. Will my battery pack suffice to power up my Hikvision NVR (8ch Mini) for 8hrs + PTZ?
3. Is the P2P CPE setup a good option to get the video footage to the NVR? I dont really have a choice here?

Ignore the Mikrotik Wireless Kit in the diagram - I'm not going with that, as I want to keep everything Hikvision

Thanks
Zane

Attachments

• Diagram01b.png
    Diagram01b.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 73
@zane
Some of my points below may seem overly complicated but should be considered. I’ve fixed a few poorly designed cctv p2p radio links for farms etc.

Collocated p2p radios at ptz3 may interfere with each other. Consider physical separation to overcome this.

Make sure the p2p radios can work at 150m, too much radio signal can be as bad as too little.

Depending on the angle between ptz1 and ptz2 from ptz3 it you may be able to use a p2mp link. The p2p antenna beam width will help figure this out.

find a p2p link that does not use the 802.11 protocol, it eats bandwidth.

For the p2p are the radio lines of site clear? Even for 150m no obstructions or large trees that could interfere with the radio signal. The radio signal has an area called the first fresnel zone that needs to be as clear as possible. 4Gon Solutions. Corruption within the first fresnel zone will cause errors and retries and consume bandwidth. To fix this some p2p links will use space / frequency / phase diversity.

What resolution will the cameras work at?

Power as much equipment as you can from the battery dc supply

Use solar charge controller that will take a wind generator and external dc input from power supply / generator.

Low volt cut off to protect batteries from excessive discharge.

At some time the links will fail get a portable generator to recharge batteries. cold temperatures will reduce the capacity of your batteries.

Will the sites be switched on and off? Will this be done on site or remotely?

Make sure the solar panels have a clear view of the sun, partial shading will affect battery charging.

David

@zane
Some of my points below may seem overly complicated but should be considered. I’ve fixed a few poorly designed cctv p2p radio links for farms etc.

Collocated p2p radios at ptz3 may interfere with each other. Consider physical separation to overcome this.

Make sure the p2p radios can work at 150m, too much radio signal can be as bad as too little.

Depending on the angle between ptz1 and ptz2 from ptz3 it you may be able to use a p2mp link. The p2p antenna beam width will help figure this out.

find a p2p link that does not use the 802.11 protocol, it eats bandwidth.

For the p2p are the radio lines of site clear? Even for 150m no obstructions or large trees that could interfere with the radio signal. The radio signal has an area called the first fresnel zone that needs to be as clear as possible. 4Gon Solutions. Corruption within the first fresnel zone will cause errors and retries and consume bandwidth. To fix this some p2p links will use space / frequency / phase diversity.

What resolution will the cameras work at?

Power as much equipment as you can from the battery dc supply

Use solar charge controller that will take a wind generator and external dc input from power supply / generator.

Low volt cut off to protect batteries from excessive discharge.

At some time the links will fail get a portable generator to recharge batteries. cold temperatures will reduce the capacity of your batteries.

Will the sites be switched on and off? Will this be done on site or remotely?

Make sure the solar panels have a clear view of the sun, partial shading will affect battery charging.

David
Hi David

-Maybe I should consider P2MP? at PTZ3?
-I'm wanting to go 720p - Dont really need a nice 4K or 1080p - also dont want to send too much data across
-802.11 Protocol device is a bit difficult to source
-Yes the sites will be switched off completely - PTZs+CPEs+NVR will all be powered off On-Site just before sunset

Thanks for your advise, appreciated
Zane

Maybe I should consider P2MP? at PTZ3?
if the angle between ptz1 and ptz2 is not too big a nice broad beam directional antenna would do. Point it equidistant between ptz1 and ptz2, try to make the rssi / snr levels for ptz3 <> ptz1 the same by adjusting the rf power at ptz1. Do the same for ptz3 <> ptz2. If you have sloping terrain you may have to raise or lower the antennas to make them level with each other, some antennas allow you to point them up / down to compensate.

good luck

David

if the angle between ptz1 and ptz2 is not too big a nice broad beam directional antenna would do. Point it equidistant between ptz1 and ptz2, try to make the rssi / snr levels for ptz3 <> ptz1 the same by adjusting the rf power at ptz1. Do the same for ptz3 <> ptz2. If you have sloping terrain you may have to raise or lower the antennas to make them level with each other, some antennas allow you to point them up / down to compensate.

good luck

David
My Hikvision PTZ manual says: PoE (802.3 at) and
My Hikvision Wifi Bridge/CPE manual says: Passive PoE.

I'm now abit reluctant to attach these onto the Portable Battery source without some sort of PoE Injector/Adapter in betweenthem.
I suspect I need one for each of the PTZ and CPE

Thanks for all your assistance, David - appreciated.

Back