01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

RTMP Hikvision

wiebev

Hi friends,

I have the Hikvision DS-2DE4215IW-DE today i receveid the camera, the reason why i have this one i want to stream with RTMP to YouTube, and now i can't find the RTMP function.
Where i can find this ?

1721143376131.png

1721143401841.png

Hi @wiebev

As far as we are aware, the RTMP feature is only available on a select range of cameras using a custom firmware and I don't think this includes any PTZ models.

If you search for "RTMP" on the forum you will see several discussions about issues and limitations of this feature on Hikvision cameras.

Hi @wiebev

As far as we are aware, the RTMP feature is only available on a select range of cameras using a custom firmware and I don't think this includes any PTZ models.

If you search for "RTMP" on the forum you will see several discussions about issues and limitations of this feature on Hikvision cameras.
Hi Dan,

Which custom firmware it is maybe it works, i can try?

The custom firmware Dan mentions is specific to the cameras that can do it - with Hikvision you can't just load any old firmware - it doesn't work that way sadly. There are devices available (that I've used) that can convert the HDMI or VGA output of a network video recorder to a RTMP feed for youtube.

You can see the discussion here - along with the kit I used:

Anyone actually successfully streaming from their Hikvision camera live to YouTube via RTMP?

Reactions: Dan
I don't use a NVR, its for a webcam on extended location. That's sad.

Is there a PC on the same network that's on 24/7? If so - you could use something like OBS and the camera's RTSP feed.

If not - the options as I see them are - buy an NVR and streaming device for the location - or buy a different camera with the RTMP function built in.

Back