01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL G5, instead of G3, firmware loaded in error?

spreyer

Hi Newwby here
I have a DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL ip camera that had IPC_G3_EN_STD_5.5.131_200220 firmware installed with RTMP firmware added. I've just done an update but installed IPC_G5_EN_STD_5.7.13_230504 by mistake

Now I cannot install any G3 firmware or RMTP firmware. If I try to revert back I get the mismatch error.

My questions are
1 Is there any RTMP firmware for the G5 installed version as all the portal versions are too low?
2 Is there any way to switch back to G3 versions of the main firmware so I can load the correct version of RTMP firmware

Thank in advance?
Steve

Hi Dan
Yes and both give "software version too low" errors

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay,

In that case, I am not sure it will be possible to get the camera on an RTMP firmware, I'm really surprised you managed to load a G5 firmware on a G3 camera as usually you would get an error message when trying to do this.

When jumping up through many firmware versions in one go you can sometimes pass through undowngradable firmware versions, there might be some other users on here who have tried some other techniques for downgrading/defaulting firmware but I'm not sure it will be possible.

Thanks Dan
I was advised by Hikvisions website to load the latest firmware version for my DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL and that was a G5 verion that was offered when I entered DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL. There was no latest G3 version at that release. Quite why my camera accepted the G5 firmware is a mystery but now no version of RTMP firmware loads up and I can't undo the G5 upgrade so can no longer stream to YouTube
Do you know of an alternative way to stream via this camera please? I'm getting desparate now

Hi @spreyer

The G5 firmware is only for the newer (C) hardware versions of the 2xx6G2 cameras, so if your camera was running a G3 firmware that would have been an older hardware model and shouldn't have loaded the new firmware.

Hikvision has confirmed to us before that the RTMP feature is only supported when you have the RTMP firmware installed and there is no other built-in way to stream the cameras.

My colleague @Kyle discussed in another thread that the only option if you don't have access to RTMP is to convert the RTSP stream to RTMP, see below:

Thanks Dan
Apart from the two RTMP versions on Hikvision's Portal are there any later version and if not are any planned ?
I really need RTMP as its the only thing YouTube accepts as far as I know
Converting RSTP is not an option as I can not run OBS or similar 24/7
I have ordered a another camera of the same type = fingers crossed I can load RTMP on it.

Hi @spreyer

As far as we are aware there is no newer RTMP firmware available.

We've had this discussion with Hikvision before, we asked if they could make the RTMP feature a core part of the firmware but they said it would only be available on the special firmware and if you want to maintain that RTMP feature you have to stay on that firmware version.

If you are going to buy another camera, I would recommend asking the company you are buying from to confirm the firmware version the camera is running out of the box because new stock cameras might potentially come pre-installed with firmware newer than the last RTMP firmware and then you still won't be able to access the RTMP feature.

I just bought two DS-2CD2386G2-IU cameras from the same AliExpress seller which were shipped out on the same date.
The 4mm version came with Hardware Platform G3
The 2.8mm version came with Hardware Platform G5

On the box of the 2.8mm version there is a "C" at the very end even after the 2.8mm (so not part of the product id).
I was very surprised because I thought I had bought identical cameras and wanted to flash identical firmware. Caught it just in time, don't know if it would have allowed flashing the wrong software. Newest Software for the G3 is v5.5.x and newest version for the G5 was 5.7.x

I downloaded the latest firmware from the Hikvision Download Portal which is a bit confusing but very good:

Back