01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Latest firmware for my 2346 G2 cameras? And, Hikconnect IOS App error "insufficient memory"?

ImRickyTan

Hi All,

I'm currently running 4x 2346 G2s (DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL) connected to a 7608NI. Had them for a few years now and every few months have tried to keep on top of firmware.

Anyway from looking online my 7608 is fine running the latest firmware but my cameras are a few behind running 5.5.801 whereas the latest is 5.7.13.

Whenever i try and update them i'm just getting the error "upgrading failed". I.e. download the .zip, extract to get the .dav file, login to the camera direct, browse to find the file, click update but then at 0% it gives me the error upgrading failed.

I was guessing it's because i'm trying to jump up a few too many versions but i can't find one in between...... any suggestions?

Second query:
The hikconnect app that's recently updated on IOS again has ran fine for years, but now after a couple of hours live streaming it just gives the error "insufficient memory". I was running a 2017 ipad, but tried with a 2019 and a 2022 ipad air and all have the same error. Just wondered if anyone else is seeing this?

Im currently running 4x 2346 G2s (DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL) connected to a 7608NI. Had them for a few years now and every few months have tried to keep on top of firmware.

Anyway from looking online my 7608 is fine running the latest firmware but my cameras are a few behind running 5.5.801 whereas the latest is 5.7.13.

Whenever i try and update them i'm just getting the error "upgrading failed". I.e. download the .zip, extract to get the .dav file, login to the camera direct, browse to find the file, clikc update but then at 0% it gives me the error upgrading failed.

I was guessing it's because i'm trying to jump up a few too many versions but i can't find one in between...... any suggestions?
Your 2346G2's are the older G3 platform versions. 5.5.801 is the latest version. The 5.7.13 SP2 version you're seeing is for the 2346G2 model with newer hardware (different chip) that runs G5 platform firmware. That's why you're seeing that error. When you login to the camera you can check what platform version you need by going to:

Configuration > System > System Settings - 'Firmware Version Property'

You'll see 'B-R-xx' where 'xx' is the firmware platform that the camera uses. It crops up frequently on here and is confusing TBF - the 'G2' camera uses either G3 or G5 firmware depending on the hardware version. The newer G5 firmware version model numbers had '(c)' added to the model code.

The hikconnect app that's recently updated on IOS again has ran fine for years, but now after a couple of hours live streaming it just gives the error "insufficient memory". I was running a 2017 ipad, but tried with a 2019 and a 2022 ipad air and all have the same error. Just wondered if anyone else is seeing this?

I've not seen that issue. However the first thing I'd try in the app is clicking:

Me > Settings then toggling the setting for "Hardware Decoding Preferred'.

If it's on - turn it off, if it's off - turn it on. See if that gives you better performance. I think it dictates whether the hardware or the app itself does the video decoding. Depending on the age of the device it can make the difference between the video displaying and the app crashing completely.

Last edited:
Your 2346G2's are the older G3 platform versions. 5.5.801 is the latest version. The 5.7.13 SP2 version you're seeing is for the 2346G2 model with newer hardware (different chip) that runs G5 platform firmware. That's why you're seeing that error. When you login to the camera you can check what platform version you need by going to:

Configuration > System > System Settings - 'Firmware Version Property'

You'll see 'B-R-xx' where 'xx' is the firmware platform that the camera uses. It crops up frequently on here and is confusing TBF - the 'G2' camera uses either G3 or G5 firmware depending on the hardware version. The newer G5 firmware version model numbers had '(c)' added to the model code.

I've not seen that issue. However the first thing I'd try in the app is clicking:

Me > Settings then toggling the setting for "Hardware Decoding Preferred'.

If it's on - turn it off, if it's off - turn it on. See if that gives you better performance. I think it dictates whether the hardware or the app itself does the video decoding. Depending on the age of the device it can make the difference between the video displaying and the app crashing completely.
Hey JB,

You helped with some of my previous questions so firstly a genuine thank you as always - you are a huge help.

Firmware query - understood and thanks for clarifying - I had no hope of figuring that out myself! As a separate curiosity do you have a recommendation for researching whether its worth upgrading my cameras? I've obviously googled myself but given the prices are never listed anywhere its hard to know what's out there.... i don't need a full blown installer given everything is now wired in so i would be just looking at the cameras themselves?

App query - thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately that didn't work. It's really annoying as i've tried 3 different ipads...connecting through cloud based connectivity but also local IP connection and i have the same issue across all. Can't believe i'm the only one with this and its a remarkable co-incidence its the same time they updated the app.

Any suggestions or recommendations if i wanted to keep the flexibility of a wireless device like an ipad (so i can carry it around the house etc) but not use the app.... only thing i can think is some form of HDMI streamer but no idea if thats even possible given it would have to be connected to the NVR?

I've obviously googled myself but given the prices are never listed anywhere its hard to know what's out there.... i don't need a full blown installer given everything is now wired in so i would be just looking at the cameras themselves?
The new Hybrid light models are good - DS-2CD2347G2H-LIU as the nearest replacement at 4MP. They're considered a ColorVu model but can be deployed in full time colour, standard colour/mono or Smart mode (colour/mono - back to colour with white LED on event). IMHO the nighttime mono image is better than the 2346 (more sensitive and larger aperture lens). I've had a few of the 2346's that have appeared a little soft during darkness, though the focus might have been a bit out of whack during assembly.

App query - thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately that didn't work. It's really annoying as i've tried 3 different ipads...connecting through cloud based connectivity but also local IP connection and i have the same issue across all. Can't believe i'm the only one with this and its a remarkable co-incidence its the same time they updated the app.
That's strange. If it were just an issue via the cloud connection I might understand it but you should have no issues connecting with the NVR added to the app using its local IP address. I'd be looking at the NVRs connection to your network and also how the WiFi is performing in the location of the iPads.

Back