01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

RTSP stream from M-Series V5 firmware

rickwookie

Can someone with V5 firmware on their M-Series NVR try to connect to one of the camera RTSP streams?

I gave RTSP enabled the default port 554, and stream encryption disabled, but no stream will play. I'm using VLC and have tried both rtsp://mynvrip/Streaming/channels/102 (for the h264 substream I have setup), and rtsp://mynvrip/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/102.

Both these URL worked previously on my V4 firmware.

My specific firmware now is V5.03.010 build 240606.

Can someone with V5 firmware on their M-Series NVR try to connect to one of the camera RTSP streams?

I gave RTSP enabled the default port 554, and stream encryption disabled, but no stream will play. I'm using VLC and have tried both rtsp://mynvrip/Streaming/channels/102 (for the h264 substream I have setup), and rtsp://mynvrip/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/102.

Both these URL worked previously on my V4 firmware.

My specific firmware now is V5.03.010 build 240606.
Mine have been working normally using rtsp://admin:password@mynvrip:port/Streaming/Channels/102

I have one of them loaded into an RTSP player on a tablet dashboard. I'm also using H264 for the sub stream as the particular RTSP player in use on teh dashboard won't do H265.

Just tried it on VLC for Mac. I can enter the url without credentials and VLC brings a pop up to enter them and that works too.

Mine have been working normally using rtsp://admin:password@mynvrip:port/Streaming/Channels/102

I have one of them loaded into an RTSP player on a tablet dashboard. I'm also using H264 for the sub stream as the particular RTSP player in use on teh dashboard won't do H265.

Just tried it on VLC for Mac. I can enter the url without credentials and VLC brings a pop up to enter them and that works too.
Are you on exactly the same version as me? I’ve had RTSP break on one of the later V4.21 versions on another NVR but that time it was the other way around (trying to add an RTSP stream as a camera). The very next firmware version fixed it.
If you have it working with the same version, then I’ll have to try a factory reset of the NVR. Interestingly, turning RTSP off on the NVR does nothing, in that I still get the password prompt on VLC for Mac and the same error (which is a different error to if I just use the wrong RTSP URL path for example).

Are you on exactly the same version as me? I’ve had RTSP break on one of the later V4.21 versions on another NVR but that time it was the other way around (trying to add an RTSP stream as a camera). The very next firmware version fixed it.
If you have it working with the same version, then I’ll have to try a factory reset of the NVR. Interestingly, turning RTSP off on the NVR does nothing, in that I still get the password prompt on VLC for Mac and the same error (which is a different error to if I just use the wrong RTSP URL path for example).
Yes exact same version - 5.03.010_240606. Cameras are G5 platform (2387G2H, 2387G2) and on the current 5.7.17 (though they worked on previous versions too). I use a different port for RTSP so append that to the IP. When I first replied I was connecting using the local IP; I've since tried it tethering my MacBook to my iPhone and accessing the external IP and that also works for me.

Back