01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

RTSP Streaming direct from the camera

GetAfterIt

Hello-

I've been reading HikVisions website user guides, using the google, using youtube, trying everyone's guides and instructions, but still am having zero luck.

Camera Model - HikVision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE
Firmware - V5.6.11 build 190426
And again, there is no NVR/DVR connected to this camera

We had a HikVision NVR setup with 15 cameras. My goal is rip one of the cameras out of the setup, give it a real IP address and embed that in our website so users can browse to our site, and view and PTZ the camera.

I have the camera off the NVR, it's been re-ip addressed and is available on the internet. I can get to the camera and view the live feed via the web browser and ip address.

Now, i am trying to enable the rtsp feed, but it's not real clear if that is enabled by default? or i have to specify it. I'm trying to test the rtsp in vlc so i know its live, but that doesn't work. VLC keeps prompting for a username and pw. I've tried turning on/off enable secure browsing, i've enabled/disabled Enable Hikvision-CGI, the rtsp authentication is set to digest.

I have a local user-defined with a name/password and just has rights to Remote: Live View and Remote; PTZ Control.

I've been trying all sorts of variations of the following....

rtsp://*User*:GuestPW@*real_IP_address*/Streaming/channels/101

rtsp://*User*:GuestPW@*real_IP_address*:554/Streaming/channels/101

rtsp://162.217.216.215/554/Streaming/channels/101/

I've tried 102, 1 for the channels. any ideas ?

Last edited:
@GetAfterIt this works for me rtsp://userid:password@ipaddress:554/Streaming/channels/101, I stream 4 cameras to the internet.

search for rtsp on the Hikvision forum.

@GetAfterIt without the smiley....

Screenshot 2021-08-17 at 11.16.32.png

@GetAfterIt this works for me rtsp://userid:password@ipaddress:554/Streaming/channels/101, I stream 4 cameras to the internet.

search for rtsp on the Hikvision forum.
Thanks for your reply. I guess, what I'm wondering and please clarify. I can stream rtsp direct from the camera correct? No nvr/DVR needed right?

And are you able to stream your cameras in vlc? Is there a better way to test? Cameras and cctv are not my expertise but everything I've found on this site and the Google, surprisingly haven't been working.

Lastly, is there anything I need to do to "turn on" rtsp streaming? Or anything I need to turn off, or associate the guest username and pw with this?

Thanks for your reply. I guess, what I'm wondering and please clarify. I can stream rtsp direct from the camera correct? No nvr/DVR needed right?
I can stream rtsp direct from my camera, use the URL in the image I posted in an earlier thread.

And are you able to stream your cameras in vlc?
Yes, I can view live stream using VLC.

is there anything I need to do to "turn on" rtsp streaming? Or anything I need to turn off
I've not enabled or disabled anything, I think it is enabled by default. @Dan @Kyle please could you confirm?

Test on your LAN first using the admin id and password.
Open VLC on the menu bar click File>Open Network and paste the rtsp URL into the field and click open. After 2 or 3 seconds the live stream should start, if it does not check the VLC logs to find out why.

On. the camera admin account setup a user account with remote view privileges only, log out admin and login user. If it does not work login as admin and find out why.

modify the rtsp URL to use the new user id and password, test on local LAN with VLC.

test remotely using whatever method you have setup. On the rtsp URL replace the LAN IP address with your WAN public IP or DDNS URL. When I test remotely I connect my Mac to my IPhone 4G network.

Thanks again @David for your help. I'm still having issues. RTSP url has been checked and rechecked. In fact, can't open rtsp stream with admin account.

Below is VLC Log
-- logger module started --
main: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
main: playlist is empty
live555 error: Failed to connect with rtsp://:pUBLIC IP:554/Streaming/channels/101
satip error: Failed to setup RTSP session
live555 error: Failed to connect with rtsp://:pUBLIC IP:554/Streaming/channels/101
-- logger module stopped --
main: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.

Based on the above error, i found this post, but that also didnt seem to solve the issue either. I've also tried another computer with VLC installed..no dice.

I also am attaching screenshots from camera web interface to help. I've seen videos saying to turn on Hik Vision CGI or seen posts that say to turn off SSL encryption (but not sure if that was only nvr setups )

Attachments

• 5.PNG
    5.PNG
    35.4 KB · Views: 973
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    30.1 KB · Views: 863
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    42.9 KB · Views: 813
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    51.2 KB · Views: 831
  • 8.PNG
    8.PNG
    28.9 KB · Views: 868
  • 7.PNG
    7.PNG
    17.8 KB · Views: 726
  • 6.PNG
    6.PNG
    31.3 KB · Views: 690
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    19.6 KB · Views: 920
@GetAfterIt on the vlc log it says PUBLIC IP, have you tested this on your LAN?

For now disable NVR HTTPS.

Is the NVR rtsp port 554?

Post on here the LAN rtsp url you are trying change the userid and password, you may have to post an image of the url to avoid the smiley created by ":"P

my LAN rtsp url would look like this....
rtsp://admin:abcd1234@192.168.0.1:554/Streaming/channels/101

Well, the camera lives out on the internet, no nat or port forwarding, so no local IP to try. And I dont have an NVR for this, so if i disable HTTPS (screenshot 5) wont that affect the camera?

I attached nmap showing port 554 is open on the camera.

I also have access to our palo alto as we have a /24 here and i see https and rstp traffic being Allowed, so its not our firewall.

Maybe VLC is the culprit? Then again, i have also tried vlc on my laptop, and it was a fresh install of vlc.

Again, i can view the live feed and ptz with both admin and user account i created in the web browser. Just cant open rtsp in vlc.

Attachments

• 9.PNG
    9.PNG
    40.3 KB · Views: 431
so if i disable HTTPS (screenshot 5) wont that affect the camera?
if http port 80 is disabled yes, how do you access the camera http or https?

This should work with VLC, maybe try the sub stream on the rtsp URL. 101 is main stream and 102 should be the sub stream.

post the public rtsp url with IP address and password changed. In the VLC log I noticed a colon in a strange place, that could be parsing by VLC.

First off, thanks for continuing to try to help. I appreciate it.

I just go to the ip address and if redirects, it redirects. Make sense?

Yeah, i tried 101 and 102, even tried 1 and 0 as i read to use 1 somewhere.

main debug: VLC media player - 3.0.16 Vetinari
main debug: Copyright © 1996-2021 the VideoLAN team
main debug: revision 3.0.16-0-g5e70837d8d
main debug: configured with /home/jenkins/workspace/vlc-release/windows/vlc-release-win32-x86/extras/package/win32/../../../configure '--enable-update-check' '--enable-lua' '--enable-faad' '--enable-flac' '--enable-theora' '--enable-avcodec' '--enable-merge-ffmpeg' '--enable-dca' '--enable-mpc' '--enable-libass' '--enable-schroedinger' '--enable-realrtsp' '--enable-live555' '--enable-shout' '--enable-goom' '--enable-sse' '--enable-mmx' '--enable-libcddb' '--enable-zvbi' '--disable-telx' '--enable-nls' '--host=i686-w64-mingw32' '--with-contrib=../contrib/i686-w64-mingw32' '--with-breakpad=https://win.crashes.videolan.org' '--enable-qt' '--enable-skins2' '--enable-dvdread' '--enable-caca' 'host_alias=i686-w64-mingw32' 'CFLAGS= ' 'CXXFLAGS= ' 'PKG_CONFIG=pkg-config' 'PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/i686-w64-mingw32/pkgconfig'
main debug: using multimedia timers as clock source
main debug: min period: 1 ms, max period: 1000000 ms
main debug: searching plug-in modules
main debug: loading plugins cache file C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\plugins\plugins.dat
main debug: recursively browsing `C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\plugins'
main debug: plug-ins loaded: 496 modules
main debug: opening config file (C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\vlc\vlcrc)
main debug: looking for logger module matching "any": 2 candidates
file debug: opening logfile `C:\Users\user1\Desktop\vlc_log1'
main debug: using logger module "file"
main debug: translation test: code is "C"
main debug: looking for keystore module matching "memory": 3 candidates
main debug: using keystore module "memory"
main debug: CPU has capabilities MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4.1 SSE4.2 FPU
main debug: Creating an input for 'Media Library'
main debug: Input is a meta file: disabling unneeded options
main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MiB
main debug: using timeshift path: C:\Users\user1\AppData\Local\Temp
main debug: `file/directory:///C:/Users/user1/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf' gives access `file' demux `directory' path `/C:/Users/user1/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf'
main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='directory' location='/C:/Users/user1/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf' file='C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\vlc\ml.xspf'
main debug: looking for access_demux module matching "file": 15 candidates
main debug: no access_demux modules matched
main debug: creating access: file:///C:/Users/user1/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf
main debug: (path: C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\vlc\ml.xspf)
main debug: looking for access module matching "file": 27 candidates
main debug: using access module "filesystem"
main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "prefetch,cache_read": 24 candidates
cache_read debug: Using stream method for AStream*
cache_read debug: starting pre-buffering
cache_read debug: received first data after 0 ms
cache_read debug: pre-buffering done 304 bytes in 0s - 296 KiB/s
main debug: using stream_filter module "cache_read"
main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "any": 24 candidates
playlist debug: using XSPF playlist reader
main debug: using stream_filter module "playlist"
main debug: stream filter added to 033c6f48
main debug: no stream_filter modules matched
main debug: looking for stream_directory module matching "any": 1 candidates
main debug: no stream_directory modules matched
main debug: attachment of directory-extractor failed for file:///C:/Users/user1/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf
main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "record": 24 candidates
main debug: using stream_filter module "record"
main debug: creating demux: access='file' demux='directory' location='/C:/Users/user1/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf' file='C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\vlc\ml.xspf'
main debug: looking for demux module matching "directory": 55 candidates
main debug: using demux module "directory"
main debug: looking for meta reader module matching "any": 2 candidates
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\reader
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader\filename.luac
main debug: no meta reader modules matched
main debug: `file/directory:///C:/Users/user1/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf' successfully opened
main debug: looking for xml reader module matching "any": 1 candidates
main debug: using xml reader module "xml"
main debug: EOF reached
main debug: removing module "directory"
main debug: removing module "record"
main debug: removing module "playlist"
main debug: removing module "cache_read"
main debug: removing module "filesystem"
main debug: creating audio output
main debug: looking for audio output module matching "any": 6 candidates
mmdevice debug: using default device
mmdevice debug: display name changed: VLC media player
mmdevice debug: version 2 session control unavailable
mmdevice debug: volume from -50.000000 dB to +0.000000 dB with 2.000000 dB increments
main debug: using audio output module "mmdevice"
main debug: keeping audio output
main debug: looking for interface module matching "hotkeys,none": 16 candidates
main debug: using interface module "hotkeys"
main debug: looking for interface module matching "globalhotkeys,none": 16 candidates
main debug: using interface module "win32"
main debug: looking for interface module matching "any": 16 candidates
main debug: looking for extension module matching "any": 1 candidates
lua debug: Opening Lua Extension module
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\extensions
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\extensions
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\extensions\VLSub.luac
lua debug: Scanning Lua script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\extensions\VLSub.luac
lua debug: Script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\extensions\VLSub.luac has the following capability flags: 0x5
main debug: using extension module "lua"
main debug: using interface module "qt"
main debug: nothing to play
main debug: processing request item: rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101, node: Playlist, skip: 0
main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist
main debug: rebuild done - 1 items, index 0
main debug: starting playback of new item
main debug: resyncing on rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101
main debug: rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101 is at 0
main debug: creating new input thread
main debug: Creating an input for 'rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101'
main debug: requesting art for new input thread
main debug: `rtsp://user:QW123@9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101' gives access `rtsp' demux `h26x' path `user:QW123@9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101'
main debug: creating demux: access='rtsp' demux='h26x' location='user:QW123@9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101' file='\\user:QW123@9.9.9.9:554\Streaming\channels\101'
main debug: looking for access_demux module matching "rtsp": 15 candidates
main debug: looking for meta fetcher module matching "any": 1 candidates
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\fetcher
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\fetcher
main debug: no meta fetcher modules matched
main debug: looking for art finder module matching "any": 2 candidates
live555 debug: version 2016.11.28
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\art
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\00_musicbrainz.luac
main warning: Password in a URI is DEPRECATED
lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\00_musicbrainz.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\01_googleimage.luac
lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\01_googleimage.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\02_frenchtv.luac
lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\02_frenchtv.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\03_lastfm.luac
lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\03_lastfm.luac
main debug: no art finder modules matched
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\fetcher
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\fetcher
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\art
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\00_musicbrainz.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\01_googleimage.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\02_frenchtv.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\03_lastfm.luac
qt debug: IM: Setting an input
live555 debug: authentication failed
main debug: looking for keystore module matching "any": 3 candidates
main debug: no keystore modules matched
live555 debug: retrying with user=user
live555 error: Failed to connect with rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101
main debug: creating access: rtsp://user:QW123@9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101
main debug: (path: \\user:QW123@9.9.9.9:554\Streaming\channels\101)
main debug: looking for access module matching "rtsp": 27 candidates
satip debug: try to open 'rtsp://user:QW123@9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101'
satip debug: connect to host '9.9.9.9'
main debug: net: connecting to 9.9.9.9 port 554
main debug: connection succeeded (socket = 1476)
main debug: net: opening 0.0.0.0 datagram port 9396
main debug: net: opening 0.0.0.0 datagram port 9397
main debug: connection succeeded (socket = 1476)
access_realrtsp warning: Cseq mismatch, got 1, assumed 0
access_realrtsp debug: rtsp connected
access_realrtsp warning: only real/helix rtsp servers supported for now
main debug: no access modules matched
main debug: dead input
qt debug: IM: Deleting the input
main debug: changing item without a request (current 0/1)
main debug: processing request item: rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/102, node: Playlist, skip: 0
main debug: rebuild done - 2 items, index 1
main debug: resyncing on rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/102
main debug: rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/102 is at 1
main debug: Creating an input for 'rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/102'
main debug: `rtsp://user:QW123@9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/102' gives access `rtsp' demux `h26x' path `user:QW123@9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/102'
main debug: creating demux: access='rtsp' demux='h26x' location='user:QW123@9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/102' file='\\user:QW123@9.9.9.9:554\Streaming\channels\102'
lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\00_musicbrainz.luac
lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\01_googleimage.luac
lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\02_frenchtv.luac
lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\03_lastfm.luac
live555 error: Failed to connect with rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/102
main debug: creating access: rtsp://user:QW123@9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/102
main debug: (path: \\user:QW123@9.9.9.9:554\Streaming\channels\102)
satip debug: try to open 'rtsp://user:QW123@9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/102'
main debug: connection succeeded (socket = 1600)
main debug: net: opening 0.0.0.0 datagram port 9260
main debug: net: opening 0.0.0.0 datagram port 9261
main debug: connection succeeded (socket = 1600)
main debug: changing item without a request (current 1/2)
main debug: processing request item: rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101, node: Playlist, skip: 0
main debug: rebuild done - 3 items, index 2
main debug: resyncing on rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101
main debug: rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101 is at 2
main debug: Creating an input for 'rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101'
main debug: `rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101' gives access `rtsp' demux `h26x' path `9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101'
main debug: creating demux: access='rtsp' demux='h26x' location='9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101' file='\\9.9.9.9:554\Streaming\channels\101'
live555 error: Failed to connect with rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101
main debug: creating access: rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101
main debug: (path: \\9.9.9.9:554\Streaming\channels\101)
satip debug: try to open 'rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101'
main debug: connection succeeded (socket = 1496)
main debug: net: opening 0.0.0.0 datagram port 9016
main debug: net: opening 0.0.0.0 datagram port 9017
main debug: changing item without a request (current 2/3)
main debug: processing request item: rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/1, node: Playlist, skip: 0
main debug: rebuild done - 4 items, index 3
main debug: resyncing on rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/1
main debug: rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/1 is at 3
main debug: Creating an input for 'rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/1'
main debug: `rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/1' gives access `rtsp' demux `h26x' path `9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/1'
main debug: creating demux: access='rtsp' demux='h26x' location='9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/1' file='\\9.9.9.9:554\Streaming\channels\1'
live555 debug: retrying with user=admin
live555 error: Failed to connect with rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/1
main debug: creating access: rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/1
main debug: (path: \\9.9.9.9:554\Streaming\channels\1)
satip debug: try to open 'rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/1'
main debug: net: opening 0.0.0.0 datagram port 9352
main debug: net: opening 0.0.0.0 datagram port 9353
main debug: changing item without a request (current 3/4)
qt debug: Video is not needed anymore
main debug: exiting
main debug: no exit handler
main debug: removing all interfaces
main debug: removing module "qt"
main debug: deactivating the playlist
main debug: removing module "mmdevice"
qt debug: requesting exit...
qt debug: waiting for UI thread...
qt debug: QApp exec() finished
qt debug: Killing extension dialog provider
qt debug: ExtensionsDialogProvider is quitting...
main debug: removing module "lua"
main debug: removing module "win32"
main debug: removing module "hotkeys"
main debug: destroying
main debug: saving media library to file C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\vlc\ml.xspf.tmp25760
main debug: looking for playlist export module matching "export-xspf": 4 candidates
main debug: using playlist export module "export"
main debug: removing module "export"
main debug: deleting item `Media Library'
main debug: deleting item `rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/1'
main debug: deleting item `rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101'
main debug: deleting item `rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/102'
main debug: deleting item `rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101'
main debug: deleting item `Playlist'
main debug: removing module "memory"
main debug: VLC media player - 3.0.16 Vetinari
main debug: Copyright © 1996-2021 the VideoLAN team
main debug: revision 3.0.16-0-g5e70837d8d
main debug: configured with /home/jenkins/workspace/vlc-release/windows/vlc-release-win32-x86/extras/package/win32/../../../configure '--enable-update-check' '--enable-lua' '--enable-faad' '--enable-flac' '--enable-theora' '--enable-avcodec' '--enable-merge-ffmpeg' '--enable-dca' '--enable-mpc' '--enable-libass' '--enable-schroedinger' '--enable-realrtsp' '--enable-live555' '--enable-shout' '--enable-goom' '--enable-sse' '--enable-mmx' '--enable-libcddb' '--enable-zvbi' '--disable-telx' '--enable-nls' '--host=i686-w64-mingw32' '--with-contrib=../contrib/i686-w64-mingw32' '--with-breakpad=https://win.crashes.videolan.org' '--enable-qt' '--enable-skins2' '--enable-dvdread' '--enable-caca' 'host_alias=i686-w64-mingw32' 'CFLAGS= ' 'CXXFLAGS= ' 'PKG_CONFIG=pkg-config' 'PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/i686-w64-mingw32/pkgconfig'
main debug: using multimedia timers as clock source
main debug: min period: 1 ms, max period: 1000000 ms
main debug: searching plug-in modules
main debug: loading plugins cache file C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\plugins\plugins.dat
main debug: recursively browsing `C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\plugins'
main debug: plug-ins loaded: 496 modules
main debug: opening config file (C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\vlc\vlcrc)
main debug: looking for logger module matching "any": 2 candidates
file debug: opening logfile `C:\Users\user1\Desktop\vlc_log1'
main debug: using logger module "file"
main debug: translation test: code is "C"
main debug: looking for keystore module matching "memory": 3 candidates
main debug: using keystore module "memory"
main debug: CPU has capabilities MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4.1 SSE4.2 FPU
main debug: Creating an input for 'Media Library'
main debug: Input is a meta file: disabling unneeded options
main debug: `file/directory:///C:/Users/user1/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf' gives access `file' demux `directory' path `/C:/Users/user1/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf'
main debug: looking for access_demux module matching "file": 15 candidates
main debug: creating access: file:///C:/Users/user1/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf
main debug: (path: C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\vlc\ml.xspf)
main debug: looking for access module matching "file": 27 candidates
main debug: using access module "filesystem"
main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "prefetch,cache_read": 24 candidates
cache_read debug: Using stream method for AStream*
cache_read debug: starting pre-buffering
cache_read debug: received first data after 0 ms
cache_read debug: pre-buffering done 304 bytes in 0s - 296875 KiB/s
main debug: using stream_filter module "cache_read"
playlist debug: using XSPF playlist reader
main debug: using stream_filter module "playlist"
main debug: stream filter added to 037b79c8
main debug: no stream_filter modules matched
main debug: looking for stream_directory module matching "any": 1 candidates
main debug: no stream_directory modules matched
main debug: attachment of directory-extractor failed for file:///C:/Users/user1/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf
main debug: looking for stream_filter module matching "record": 24 candidates
main debug: using stream_filter module "record"
main debug: looking for demux module matching "directory": 55 candidates
main debug: using demux module "directory"
main debug: looking for meta reader module matching "any": 2 candidates
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\reader
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\reader\filename.luac
main debug: no meta reader modules matched
main debug: `file/directory:///C:/Users/user1/AppData/Roaming/vlc/ml.xspf' successfully opened
main debug: looking for xml reader module matching "any": 1 candidates
main debug: using xml reader module "xml"
main debug: EOF reached
main debug: removing module "directory"
main debug: removing module "record"
main debug: removing module "playlist"
main debug: removing module "cache_read"
main debug: removing module "filesystem"
main debug: creating audio output
main debug: looking for audio output module matching "any": 6 candidates
mmdevice debug: using default device
mmdevice debug: display name changed: VLC media player
mmdevice debug: version 2 session control unavailable
mmdevice debug: volume from -50.000000 dB to +0.000000 dB with 2.000000 dB increments
main debug: using audio output module "mmdevice"
main debug: keeping audio output
main debug: looking for interface module matching "hotkeys,none": 16 candidates
main debug: using interface module "hotkeys"
main debug: looking for interface module matching "globalhotkeys,none": 16 candidates
main debug: using interface module "win32"
main debug: looking for interface module matching "any": 16 candidates
main debug: looking for extension module matching "any": 1 candidates
lua debug: Opening Lua Extension module
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\extensions
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\extensions
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\extensions\VLSub.luac
lua debug: Scanning Lua script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\extensions\VLSub.luac
lua debug: Script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\extensions\VLSub.luac has the following capability flags: 0x5
main debug: using extension module "lua"
main debug: using interface module "qt"
main debug: processing request item: rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/0, node: Playlist, skip: 0
main debug: rebuild done - 1 items, index 0
main debug: resyncing on rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/0
main debug: rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/0 is at 0
main debug: Creating an input for 'rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/0'
main debug: `rtsp://user:QW123@9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/0' gives access `rtsp' demux `h26x' path `user:QW123@9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/0'
main debug: creating demux: access='rtsp' demux='h26x' location='user:QW123@9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/0' file='\\user:QW123@9.9.9.9:554\Streaming\channels\0'
live555 debug: we will now try HTTP tunneling mode
live555 debug: connection error 400
live555 error: Failed to connect with rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/0
main debug: creating access: rtsp://user:QW123@9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/0
main debug: (path: \\user:QW123@9.9.9.9:554\Streaming\channels\0)
satip debug: try to open 'rtsp://user:QW123@9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/0'
main debug: connection succeeded (socket = 1472)
main debug: net: opening 0.0.0.0 datagram port 9456
main debug: net: opening 0.0.0.0 datagram port 9457
main debug: connection succeeded (socket = 1472)
main debug: changing item without a request (current 0/1)
main debug: no exit handler
main debug: removing all interfaces
main debug: removing module "qt"
main debug: deactivating the playlist
main debug: removing module "mmdevice"
qt debug: requesting exit...
qt debug: waiting for UI thread...
qt debug: QApp exec() finished
qt debug: Killing extension dialog provider
qt debug: ExtensionsDialogProvider is quitting...
main debug: removing module "lua"
main debug: removing module "win32"
main debug: removing module "hotkeys"
main debug: destroying
main debug: saving media library to file C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\vlc\ml.xspf.tmp28932
main debug: looking for playlist export module matching "export-xspf": 4 candidates
main debug: using playlist export module "export"
main debug: removing module "export"
main debug: deleting item `Media Library'
main debug: deleting item `rtsp://9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/0'
main debug: deleting item `Playlist'
main debug: removing module "memory"

Unless there is a different firmware to try??
You may be able to roll the firmware back to a certain point, I wonder if there are any other protocols that could be used? If this is going to a website could http / https be used by someone with the coding skills and an API call? I think Hikvision use a software developers kit (SDK).

I'm having trouble with the quote replies for some reason, sorry.

Yes. i see on their page for this camera a bunch of archived firmware, any idea of one i should try? I dont see any notes that come with the firmware for sme reason.

Our web developer just does sharepoint and has asked for iframe to wap the feed in, so i dont think im in luck there

@GetAfterIt
Would it be easier to research encrypting the rtsp url username and password? maybe be create an encryption key on the camera and copy that to your notebook. Then create the hash key.
Look into a firmware downgrade using tftp or serial interface (xmodem / zmodem). This would be on site and you could make the camera useless.
@Phil may have another suggestion.

@GetAfterIt 3 of my cameras have rtsp digest authentication activated and rtsp streaming works with the standard URL.

Could you post the public url you are using with changed IP address and logon details?

@GetAfterIt
Would it be easier to research encrypting the rtsp url username and password? maybe be create an encryption key on the camera and copy that to your notebook. Then create the hash key.
Look into a firmware downgrade using tftp or serial interface (xmodem / zmodem). This would be on site and you could make the camera useless.
@Phil may have another suggestion.

I've tried to downgrade a few times and it hasn't worked..now i know why. Apparently its all 1 way and you can't downgrade.

I will also look into encrypting the name/pw as well.

@GetAfterIt 3 of my cameras have rtsp digest authentication activated and rtsp streaming works with the standard URL.

Could you post the public url you are using with changed IP address and logon details?

rtsp://user:QW123@9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101

i just changed the username and pwand then swapped the IP address for all 9s.

also tried 102, and i think i tired 1

i've also tried with no name/pw to then make vlc prompt me for it. Still no dice.

rtsp://user:QW123@9.9.9.9:554/Streaming/channels/101

i just changed the username and pwand then swapped the IP address for all 9s.

also tried 102, and i think i tired 1

i've also tried with no name/pw to then make vlc prompt me for it. Still no dice.
When I saw the quad9 DNS on the VLC logs I did wonder why and then the penny dropped.

URL looks good, I wonder if that camera uses a non standard URL?

try downloading VLC onto a smartphone or tablet and try the URL on a 4G network with a good signal. This will bypass the firewall.

What version of VLC are you using? mine is 3.0.12 Vetinari for Mac.

Back