01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Seagate Skyhawk surveillance hard drive & Western Digital surveillance hard drive

Marco Hill

Hi all,

I am not sure if this has been covered in a previous post.

I have a 4TB Seagate Skyhawk surveillance hard drive installed in my 32 channel Hikvision NVR and I just purchased a 4TB Western Digital surveillance hard drive to add to the same NVR.

Does anyone know if it does any harm to use two different type of hard drives in the same NVR. My installer was not sure but mentioned that they consume different amount of power.

I also just found some spare 1 TB WD hard drives that also want to add. Does it does any harm to mix different TB hard drives together either? i.e a 4TB with 1TB

Thanks

I have a 4TB Seagate Skyhawk surveillance hard drive installed in my 32 channel Hikvision NVR and I just purchased a 4TB Western Digital surveillance hard drive to add to the same NVR.

That will work fine... important they are "surveillance" drives.

Does it does any harm to mix different TB hard drives together either? i.e a 4TB with 1TB

Definitely no issues using different capacity drives together but again they should be "surveillance" drives like Western Digital Purple.

Back