01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Tp link archer a6 automatically shuts down both 2.4 and 5 ghz Wireless networks but LAN works fine.

Xoxo

So my shop's archer a6 shuts down both wireless networks (i.e.2.4 and 5g)once in a while,and have to restart it to get wifi again(but LANs work as they should).And many a times the restarting hack doesn't work and i have to log in to the router through the Teather app and i see there both bands are toggled off(how is that possible). Btw the firmware and app both are updated.
And i also have another archer a6 at home which works fine and doesn't have this problemo:_/

Any know how ?
thanks.

Hmm, certainly an odd one.
Maybe update to the latest available firmware, then do a reset to default / factory settings, and then finally cycle the power - see whether that resolves it.
If not, I don't think there is much else you can try, so if it persists after that contact whoever you purchased it from and seek a replacement.

So my shop's archer a6 shuts down both wireless networks (i.e.2.4 and 5g)once in a while,and have to restart it to get wifi again(but LANs work as they should).And many a times the restarting hack doesn't work and i have to log in to the router through the Teather app and i see there both bands are toggled off(how is that possible). Btw the firmware and app both are updated.
And i also have another archer a6 at home which works fine and doesn't have this problemo:_/

Any know how ?
thanks.
If Phil's suggestion does not work and you can't get it replaced, try a TFTP recovery. Search the TPLink support page for further info.

Back