01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Upgraded DS-2CD2185FWD-I (G1) to v5.6.6 now web interface REALLY slow.

codlord

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
I have lots of DS-2CD2185FWD-I (G1 firmware) cameras and I upgraded one to the latest firmware 5.6.6 from here

Now the camera web interface is REALLY slow compared to all the other same cameras on 5.6.5, for example:
5.6.5 from login to live-view = 10s
5.6.6 from login to live-view = 20s

5.6.5 from live-view to system config settings = 2s
5.6.6 from live-view to system config settings = 20s to show page then another 5s for serial etc to fill in on that page.

So I didn't upgrade any of the others but I wondered if anyone else has the same or similar G1 firmware cameras and experienced the same thing, or if someone with same cameras could check?

I upgraded another newer camera on G1 firmware DS-2CD2385G1-I (G1) and that does not slow down on 5.6.6, so it just seems to be my older FWD cameras.

I guess I can only hope Hikvision release another G1 firmware which does not slow down...

Hi @codlord

We don't have a demo DS-2CD2185FWD-I that I've been able to test, but I have checked on V5.6.5 and then V5.6.6 on a DS-2CD2385FWD-I and a DS-2CD2055FWD-I, and haven't noticed any difference in the page load speed.

Which browser are you using? I tested on IE, Edge and Chrome (Internet Explorer does seem to be much quicker than the newer browsers).

It may well be a cache issue, is the load speed any faster after clearing this?

Thanks for the reply. I have tried Chrome and Firefox and on two different PCs and after clearing cache/restarting browser. Still the same unfortunately. I will have to wait and try the next firmware on that single camera before I go any further upgrading others.

@codlord, still facing the same issue?
My cameras are on FW5.6.5 and I was wondering if I should update to 5.6.6...

@rompik yes, I still have the problem. Like I said, 5.6.6 on my newer cameras seems fine but on the first older one I did, it's dead slow. I don't want to try upgrading another older camera so I will wait for a newer firmware before trying again.

I have DS-2CD2555FWD and DS-2CD2455FWD. I think it put me in "older" category in your setup (I think yours 2CD21XX and mine 2CD25XX are exactly the same generation but just different versions). Yours is probably dome, mine are mini-dome and cube.

Can you downgrade the firmware?

@rompik I don't know if you can downgrade camera firmware or not, I have previously successfully downgraded a HikVision NVR but it does to a complete factory reset, so if it's possible to downgrade cameras be warned it may do the same thing - downgrade o.k. but factory reset.

An update on this - I kept checking the cameras I had updated and they kept being slow all through to the end 2021. After the xmas/new year break I looked at the cameras again and I no longer have the slowdown issue!

So I have since upgraded more cameras and not had a repeat. It's very strange and I can't explain it! But at least no issue any more.

Back