01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Upgraded my DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR firmware to V4.61 - Wiped Settings / Stream Encrypted?

benm

Hi there
I recently upgraded my DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR to V4.61 build 220507. I don't know what happened (maybe i chose the wrong firmware?) but it wiped all my settings.
I just spent ages putting it all back in and think all is ok. I get line crossing alerts, etc - but now i cannot see my live view from the NVR website. Hikvision App and local websites show live view fine, however.
It alternates between showing Live Stream Failed and Stream is Encrypted

In this new firmware things seemed to have changed. It defaults the platform access to ISUP. I changed it on the NVR to be Hikvision again so i could access via the app. But it is the same on the cameras

ISUP.jpg

I also don't seem to have anywhere on the camera websites to put the encryption key. I'm sure it used to be under Local.

local.jpg

Something isn't right! Please can you help? Changing the cameras from ISUP to Hikvision doesn't seem to help and doesn't enable an encryption key field either.
Do I go back to the old firmware, maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @benm

I'd recommend trying this firmware, which is the newest available for the I-Series NVRs (downloadable at the bottom of the page) - V4.61.025 build 220905
I've checked our I-Series NVR with this version, and everything works as it should - it also has the encryption key box on in the Local menu which seems to be missing for you!

4.61 was a significant update and we've found it can hard reset the NVR if you make a big jump to it from an earlier version, so this may be what happened to you.

You can save a backup of your configuration from the NVR's Upgrade & Maintenance page in case this does happen - we tend to recommend doing so for any future updates:
NVR configuration backup screenshot.png

Hi @Kyle
Long time no speak!
Ah ok i thought i'd screwed something but the big jump makes sense now

I did actually find this newer version and upgraded - it didn't wipe my replaced settings, which is good. But i still can't view the live view of any cameras
I should have been more specific
The encryption key field is present and i have filled it in on my NVR. It is NOT on the any of the 3xDS-2CD2386G2-IU cameras I have (running V5.5.801 build 211105) connected via IP though. i'm sure it used to be there on the cameras

How do I get the encryption field present on the local cameras please? changing each of the camera platform access to hikvision and setting the same key didn't seem to work but I can persevere if that is the way forward?

Yes, hope you're well! :)

Ah, that makes sense - I should have recognised that it was the camera's Local menu!
The encryption key field has only ever been available on the NVR local menus, despite the fact you can have an encryption key set on each of the camera's Platform Access pages.

But, if the camera is connected to an NVR (directly or via IP), you don't need to do anything on the Platform Access pages and can leave the "Enable" box unticked.

Have you entered the encryption key on the NVR's Platform Access page on its Local menu?

NVR stream encryption field.png

Can you also share a screenshot of the System > Camera Management > IP Camera page from the NVR please?

Hi
yes i have entered it, but it would have been post me adding/connecting the cameras. I hope that doesn't matter.
Here is the screenshot you asked for
cameras.jpg

ok so at some point it looks the encryption key got wiped! filled it in and reinstalled the local component service (just in case) and the live view is working now! Thanks!
i have just one more issue left. One of my line crossings seems to be only intermittently alerting. There are 3 line crossing smart events for one camera. The other two work fine every time, just this one doesn't.
I've set it to alert the centre and go full screen. I can see on the monitor screen a little bell appears (which i assume is an alert) but then it doesn't go full screen or send an alert. I have tried recreating the line.
Any ideas?

Well done for sussing out the encryption key problem!
Have you configured the line crossing on the NVR or the camera directly?
I'd try wiping all of the line crossing settings (make sure they're gone on the NVR and the camera logins), and start afresh - tweaking the settings on the cameras directly or in Hik-Connect can cause problems, so you should only ever adjust the event settings on the NVR itself (including the linkage settings).
Also, make sure your lines aren't too close to the edges of the picture and also not too small.

ok so again @Kyle, you were spot on thanks!
Also i think i was trying to go over multiple line crossing lines on the same camera too quickly. Even going over the same line within about a minute or two doesn't cause an alert - maybe this is intentional?

Back