01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Villa intercom with Android indoor station

jrb74

Hello,

I'm trying to find a solution for a gate intercom (capable of opening gates) along with a porch doorbell, which can all record on to the Hikvision NVR and where I can also see all the cameras connected to the NVR on the indoor station.

Having looked at the forums / YouTube, seems that the indoor station that is available in the kits with the Villa units can only display the other cameras if you use H264. I'm planning to install 6 x 8mp pixel ColorVu cameras as well, so wanted to use H265 on these if possible.

The Android indoor station can load HikConnect, so I wondered if that meant that I could view the other cameras on there via the HikConnect app if they were using H265?

And also, can the Android indoor station be the driving unit for the Villa intercoms?

in other words, if I added the following to the setup (along with NVR and the 8mp cameras), can I have intercom at the gate and porch, control the gate (via the NO port on the Villa intercom) and see all the cameras on the indoor station?

Android Indoor Station
Hikvision DS-KH9310-WTE1 7" Android Video Intercom Indoor Station

Door station
Hikvision DS-KV6113-WPE1 Pro Video Intercom Villa Door Station

Gate station
Hikvision DS-KV8113-WME1 Ultra Video Intercom Villa Door Station | 1 Call Button |

Many thanks,

John

Hi @jrb74

Good spot on the cameras needing to use H.264 if they're being added to an indoor station across the LAN!

Provided that you use the DS-KH9310-WTE1 Android Indoor Station, rather than the other Linux-based models, then you will be able to do all that you mention.

But, you can use Hik-Connect to view all of the cameras / NVRs that are connected to the account, just as you would on a phone or tablet.
You can also use the indoor station to answer calls from both villa door stations and also operate whatever is connected to each's NO relay port.

Finally, you can add the villa door stations to your NVR as you would a camera via their IP addresses so that they record to your NVR, but they need to be connected to the local network rather than the NVR's POE ports to work properly.

This video is a good demonstration of how the Android indoor stations work and shows how all of the above features work:

Hello,

I'm trying to find a solution for a gate intercom (capable of opening gates) along with a porch doorbell, which can all record on to the Hikvision NVR and where I can also see all the cameras connected to the NVR on the indoor station.

Having looked at the forums / YouTube, seems that the indoor station that is available in the kits with the Villa units can only display the other cameras if you use H264. I'm planning to install 6 x 8mp pixel ColorVu cameras as well, so wanted to use H265 on these if possible.

The Android indoor station can load HikConnect, so I wondered if that meant that I could view the other cameras on there via the HikConnect app if they were using H265?

And also, can the Android indoor station be the driving unit for the Villa intercoms?

in other words, if I added the following to the setup (along with NVR and the 8mp cameras), can I have intercom at the gate and porch, control the gate (via the NO port on the Villa intercom) and see all the cameras on the indoor station?

Android Indoor Station
Hikvision DS-KH9310-WTE1 7" Android Video Intercom Indoor Station

Door station
Hikvision DS-KV6113-WPE1 Pro Video Intercom Villa Door Station

Gate station
Hikvision DS-KV8113-WME1 Ultra Video Intercom Villa Door Station | 1 Call Button |

Many thanks,

John
Just an Observation, you mention
(capable of opening gates)
if you mean "more than One" be aware the KV6xxx Door Station only Features 1x Relay Output, the KB8003 features 2x Relay Outputs, might be worth a mention.

Yes Kyle has pointed you in the right direction ...................
I believe the Android Indoor Station still has the same options as the Linux Based for adding Cameras that you can toggle through whilst in an Intercom Call with Door Stations.
Adding to the H264 setting for viewing Cameras on the Indoor Station, off memory is only required in the Sub-Stream Encoding Parameters, this applies to both Network &/or NVR Connected Cameras.

You will also need to make a few more setting changes which will ensure the cameras will display

The Camera feeds in this feature use the RTSP Protocol to connect to the Indoor Station, therefore in the NVR Settings, from the Menu, navigate to:
Maintenance > System Service > Enable RTSP [if not already] & change RTSP Authentication Type to digest/basic, click Apply
Whilst still in the System Service Menu click on "Stream Encryption" & Uncheck the Enable Stream Encryption checkbox, Click Apply

On a few occasions I have also needed to Uncheck Stream Encryption check box in the Network Settings, from the NVR Menu, navigate to:
Settings > Network > Advanced > unchect Stream Encryption, click Apply

Network Connected Cameras you will need to access the Camera GUI & follow the same procedures.

Another point to Note: when adding Cameras to this feature which are Cable Connected to the NVR, the IP Address you will use is the NVR's IP Address, the Port will be 554 & the Channel is the NVR Port/Channel the Camera is cabled to.
Network Connected Cameras, use the allocated IP Address of the Camera, Port 554 and i believe the Channel will be 1

I can't recall if i have ever configured a network camera, manually configured to an NVR Channel, then used the Cable Connected format to connect to this feature of the Indoor Station ........................ could be plausible

Best of Luck
Gary

Back