01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

VSPlayer Clip Default Directory

Cos

Does anyone know where you can set the default directory for VSPlayer FileClip? Annoyingly, every time I clip a file, the default folder is set to something I didn't choose and I keep having to manually change it.

Are there any settings to change this? I don't even know why it chose the one it did!!

Thanks

Vivotek AI Network Video Recorders
This should work:
Main Menu (in the top-left hand corner) > Settings > Capture > Saving Path/Browse

1584437121109.png
1584437232257.png

Attachments

• 1584436874080.png
    1584436874080.png
    291.2 KB · Views: 205
Hello,
I did eventually find this setting however after setting the path to where I wanted it:
1.PNG
, it doesn't use this path when I want to clip:
2.PNG

I even tried running as administrator but the saving path is just stuck as this random location!!

That 2020-02-26 folder that it's trying to save to isn't one you created right?
What happens if you try saving in an entirely different location, i.e. your desktop/downloads folder?
Are there any updates available to the version of VS Player you're using? Here's the link to the latest version of VS Player

The 2020-02-26 is a folder I have not created. When I installed VSPlayer, it took it upon itself to use this a default location and if I delete it and then start VSPlayer or use the clip tool, this folder gets created.
The latest version is v7.4.1 and this is the version I am using.

Hi @Cos

All Hikvision footage is time & date stamped, this is pretty standard for most professional CCTV solutions. They are designed for surveillance purposes so the software is fixed to create new date-stamped folders every time you download footage so you can easily keep track files from specific events, this cannot be changed. You should be able to choose any file directory but Hikvision's software will always create a new date-stamped folder within the last folder of that file path.

Back