01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

What is the difference between 2 cameras?

Jan J

Centurion!
Trusted Member
I just picked up a new (used) camera...
XC2CD2042WD-1

Looks like a 2CD2042WD-1

How does a XC2CD2042WD-1 differ from a 2CD2042WD-1. ???

I was able to upgrade firmware to latest/Last 2CD2042WD-1 firmware and it works ok.

Nosy as to what model differences are.

?????
Thanks for you help.

I didnt find anything about this camera model? Where did you get it?

I just picked up a new (used) camera...
XC2CD2042WD-1

Looks like a 2CD2042WD-1

How does a XC2CD2042WD-1 differ from a 2CD2042WD-1. ???

I was able to upgrade firmware to latest/Last 2CD2042WD-1 firmware and it works ok.

Nosy as to what model differences are.

XC2CD2042 is not an official Hikvision product code, the correct product code is DS-2CD2042WD-I. Which product code does it state in the cameras system settings when you login with a browser, if it says the XC code then it may be an OEM product that has been manufactured specifically for the supplier you bought from and so there may be some differences to their specific products, if it states the DS code then the XC addition to the code is simply a marker the supplier you bought from has given the product to label it as a product bought from them.

Thanks for the replies.... I got it used.... with no indication where it came from.... and had to reset it twice in order for SADPTool to activate it on my network...

When I get these cameras of un-known origin, (Pretty much every camera I have was aquired used), I power up holding reset for a few seconds, to clear all settings, then use SADPTool to configure it for my network, then update the firmware to latest/last firmware. All this is done with a computer Isolated from the internet, quite frankly because I don't know what settings are in the camera now.... and what they might be 'sending home'..... At that point, they are configured.... All on an Isolated from Internet computer.
While configuring, I also do not set any remote features, and use a local LAN time server, then block every camera from accessing the internet via firewall in router.... As, at this point, the camera does not need any internet access. (Do have remote access to NAS Storage location of ftp'd pictures & video, though)... Loose cameras, no DVR... Camera's Motion Detect ftp'ing pictures to NAS... NAS has capability to create the camera live streams to video, and NAS's Motion Detect saves these Motion Detect videos as well on the NAS....

It was only after I was in SADPTool that I realized that the model number wasn't exactly the one I was expecting to see........
I must say, I was a bit concerned that I was about to brick the camera by loading in new firmware.... But it worked fine. Because it worked fine, This Thread was started...

Last edited:
Back