01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

I got 53 IP cameras, which Switch and NVR should I get?

Halah

I am working on a big multi-tenant building and will be using 4 8MP cameras, and 49 4MP cameras. (30 days recording, h.265, 25 frames)

I am trying to find out what is best way to choose an NVR, because I don't want any performance or recording issues.
for example, I was reading Ds-9664ni-m8 data sheet (64ch) and it support 8ch 8MP and 16ch 4MP decoding. Does that mean that 4MP cameras won't be enough in this NVR?
What are the factors that I need to consider to choose an NVR for such projects.

Sames goes with switch, I am looking for PoE switch so what are the things to look for.

Do you have any recommended models for me? it might help me understand more

The camera models I have:

4 x DS-2CD2387G2H-LISU/SL (8MP)
16 x DS-2CD2347G2H-LISU/SL (4MP)
33 x DS-2CD2343G2-IU (4MP)

What switch would you recommend?

You won't find 53-port POE switches, so break it down according to the locations of the camera count.
By placing the switch(es) closer to the cameras you can save a lot of cabling e.g. a switch for the cameras on the first floor, another for the cameras on the second floor (just an example).

All of your cameras are fixed cameras i.e. no motors, so they have a fairly low power requirement (typically <10 Watts per camera).
Therefore, simply select a POE switch that has a total power budget sufficient for the multiple of whichever camera e.g. 16 x 8W (check the camera's datasheets for their specific POE power requirement).

I would say that you are best to buy a gigabit switch.
Which should comply with IEEE802.3[a,b,t].

An unmanaged switch is fine (just plug & play), you probably don't need the advanced features of a managed switch.

Although there are many brands, they all do the same job.

Upvote 0
Hi @Halah

In regards to the NVR, the DS-9664NI-M8 NVR should be fine for your cameras.

The decoding stats you are seeing have nothing to do with how many cameras the NVR can record, these stats refer to how many cameras at a certain resolution can be simultaneously viewed live.

You will be able to record all 53 cameras to this 64-channel NVR.

Upvote 0
Hi @Halah

In regards to the NVR, the DS-9664NI-M8 NVR should be fine for your cameras.

The decoding stats you are seeing have nothing to do with how many cameras the NVR can record, these stats refer to how many cameras at a certain resolution can be simultaneously viewed live.

You will be able to record all 53 cameras to this 64-channel NVR.
Thank you!

I am thinking DS-3E1526P-SI and DS-3E1552P-SI for the switches. What do you think?

Upvote 0
Hi @Halah

Yes, those switches should be fine.

They will give you more than enough PoE ports and they have enough PoE budget for all of your cameras.

Upvote 0
Back