01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

What's the optimal camera resolution settings on my Hikvision NVR?

Ontario213

What camera resolution is most desirable for my cameras?
My installer set them at 2560*1440.

When I log into my Hikvision account they're camera model numbers ECI-T24F2.

Thank you so much

Hikvision PTZ cameras
That's the highest resolution setting on your camera (2560*1440 = 4MP), so your installer has set it correctly :)
It means you'll get the sharpest possible picture should you need to use the footage for evidence.
You should only need to reduce it if the recorded footage is stuttering, as it would indicate that you are hitting you NVR's bandwidth threshold.
But, if that does happen, it is best to reduce the frame rate (to 15fps or higher), or use H.265 / H.265+ encoding.

That's the highest resolution setting on your camera (2560*1440 = 4MP), so your installer has set it correctly :)
It means you'll get the sharpest possible picture should you need to use the footage for evidence.
You should only need to reduce it if the recorded footage is stuttering, as it would indicate that you are hitting you NVR's bandwidth threshold.
But, if that does happen, it is best to reduce the frame rate (to 15fps or higher), or use H.265 / H.265+ encoding.

Thank you so much and he has set the frame rate to 15fps originally

15fps has always been our recommendation to save on bandwidth and storage, whilst maintaining a smooth video - there's no issue with increasing it, provided it doesn't strain the NVR too much (causing stuttering video and camera connection issues), it all depends how many cameras you have connected and which models they are.

If you play around with the settings, make a note of the ones your installer originally set so you can revert if need be.

Back