01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Which additional hikvision camera's to buy?

8mp_4kcam

Hi,

I currently have one DS-2CD2386G2-IU which has Firmware Version Property as B-R-G3-0.
I'm thinking to buy some more but I read the G3 ones will not have frequent updates going forward compared to G5?
Is this correct, if so, which models would be better to buy? DS-2CD2387G2-LU?

TIA

Hi @8mp_4kcam

Yes, the G5 cameras are the latest models and will continue to receive more regular firmware than the G3 models.

The G5 model numbers are almost exactly the same as the G3 models, the only difference is that the G5 models include a (C) at the end of the model number. So in your case, you will want a DS-2CD2386G2-IU (C)

Some sellers, like ourselves, will not state (C) on all AcuSense/ColorVu models at the moment because Hikvision released the slightly updated (C) models at a time when the Hikvision warehouses still had 100-1,000s of the non-(C) G3 models and so the warehouse was supplying some G3 and some G5 models, which is probably why you've ended up with a mix.

At this stage most of the stock we are buying is coming through as (C) G5 models, but if you did want to place an order with us and make sure it is a G5 (C) model you can always drop an email to us after you've placed the order to specify that it is the G5 (C) that you want.

Back