01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Which Hikvision CCTV kit to buy?

vw754

Hi I'm after a (Poe) hikvision CCTV kit.
Currently looking at Amazon/Ali express .
Don't mind buying NVR separately and cameras separately.....if they work out cheaper.
It's for my home , I would like 6 5 or 8 MP camera's must be colourvu ( colour at night)
And probably a 1Tb hard drive will be enough I assume.
Trouble is the NVR that I look at are very similar to look at but have Q1 8p or K2 8p or K1 or acusense etc on the , for example DS 7608NXi -12/8p/s
Etc.....any help on what they mean.

I need colour at night cameras and a Poe 8 channel NVR , unless there are others as good with good quality etc.....budget around £500-600.....will fit my self..... unless any other makes are good as hikvision.

Hi @vw754

Unfortunately, if you are looking at Amazon/Ali Express we won't be able to recommend anything because the models you are seeing there are either cheap, consumer models we don't have experience with or they are unauthorised Chinese 'grey' imports.

Also, some of the models you've listed (K2/8P, certain AcuSense models) are EOL models, so the listings could be old clearance stock or even 2nd-hand open box stock.

All of these pitfalls could lead to you paying less initially but running into problems that require you to buy a replacement system, so you could end up buying twice and spending more than if you just paid a little more to buy a reliable system from an authorised Hikvision seller like us to begin with.

We would recommend the DS-7608NXI-K2/8P 8-channel 1U 4K PoE K-series AcuSense Network Video Recorder and the DS-2CD2347G2H-LIU 4MP Smart Hybrid Light with ColorVu Fixed Turret Network Camera

Back