01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

7608NI-I2/8P - Lost connection to all POE cameras overnight?

sh1513

As the title says, overnight, I have lost the connection to all 4 of my POE cameras (one PTZ, one turret and 2 dome) via my NVR.

All 4 cameras were plugged into the POE ports of the NVR, and Status now shows Offline(Network is unreachable)

If I plug the cameras into a sperate POE switch, I am able to connect via iVMS 4200 and view all 4 of them.

The NVR is on firmware 4.60.005 build 220108.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can to resolve this and go back to using the POE ports on the NVR?

TIA.

As the title says, overnight, I have lost the connection to all 4 of my POE cameras (one PTZ, one turret and 2 dome) via my NVR.

All 4 cameras were plugged into the POE ports of the NVR, and Status now shows Offline(Network is unreachable)

If I plug the cameras into a sperate POE switch, I am able to connect via iVMS 4200 and view all 4 of them.

The NVR is on firmware 4.60.005 build 220108.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can to resolve this and go back to using the POE ports on the NVR?

TIA.
Were there any activity lights on the PoE ports of the NVR when you unplugged them? It sounds as though the PoE power has failed on the NVR. I take it you've tried a shutdown and restart (full power down as opposed to reboot as that only restarts the NVR OS)?

Upvote 0
Were there any activity lights on the PoE ports of the NVR when you unplugged them? It sounds as though the PoE power has failed on the NVR. I take it you've tried a shutdown and restart (full power down as opposed to reboot as that only restarts the NVR OS)?
Yes, PoE port link and activity lights are on for all 4 cameras, and full power off and restart, at least 3 times.

Upvote 0
Yes, PoE port link and activity lights are on for all 4 cameras, and full power off and restart, at least 3 times.
While the cameras are connected to the NVR, go into the local menu, cameras, PoE configuration and ensure there are values there to show that the cameras are drawing power from the ports. That proves they're powered up.

If they were plugged into the NVR previously they would have IP addresses in the 192.168.254.xxx range - is that the case? A misconfigured PoE port or camera IP address will cause an Offline/Unreachable error. However I can't see how anything could reconfigure itself overnight and cause that. Usually switching a port from Plug and Play to Manual could cause it (or vice versa if the cams were manually configured with 192.168.254.xxx addresses the way I do mine)

I would reconnect them to the NVR, then plug a laptop into one of your spare PoE ports on the NVR with it's address set to a non conflicting one in the same range (192.168.254.100 for example). Run an IP scan on the laptop and all 4 should be visible (if they've never been switched out or switched around they'll be at 192.168.254.2, 3, 4 and 5)

Worst case - if due to some anomaly its lost the plot:

• while connected to your PoE switch - note the 192.168.254.xxx IP address of each cam
  • with nothing connected to your NVR (important) switch each port to manual and enter the IP address noted above in each channel then apply
  • reconnect the cameras to the correct ports and they should come online

Upvote 0
While the cameras are connected to the NVR, go into the local menu, cameras, PoE configuration and ensure there are values there to show that the cameras are drawing power from the ports. That proves they're powered up.

If they were plugged into the NVR previously they would have IP addresses in the 192.168.254.xxx range - is that the case? A misconfigured PoE port or camera IP address will cause an Offline/Unreachable error. However I can't see how anything could reconfigure itself overnight and cause that. Usually switching a port from Plug and Play to Manual could cause it (or vice versa if the cams were manually configured with 192.168.254.xxx addresses the way I do mine)

I would reconnect them to the NVR, then plug a laptop into one of your spare PoE ports on the NVR with it's address set to a non conflicting one in the same range (192.168.254.100 for example). Run an IP scan on the laptop and all 4 should be visible (if they've never been switched out or switched around they'll be at 192.168.254.2, 3, 4 and 5)

Worst case - if due to some anomaly its lost the plot:

• while connected to your PoE switch - note the 192.168.254.xxx IP address of each cam
  • with nothing connected to your NVR (important) switch each port to manual and enter the IP address noted above in each channel then apply
  • reconnect the cameras to the correct ports and they should come online
Thanks,

Not sure what was going on, but an nmap scan couldn't see any cameras. So I ended going through the config of each camera, manually reassigning IP addresses from scratch, now all reconnected to the PoE ports on the NVR and working as previously.

Fingers crossed it stays like that :)

Upvote 0
Back