01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

All cameras lost time, can’t log into (and poor playback since firmware upgrade of my HiLook NVR)?

Usewhat

Hi folks,

I’ve got a Hikvision HiLook POE NVR (will get exact model if needed) and after a recent firmware upgrade (I believe it’s the latest) all the cameras lost their time. All by an hour and one also slipped 10 minutes.

The NVR is set up with NTP to Google and appropriate DST time, the NVR system shows the correct time.

I’ve enabled virtual host but I cannot log onto the cameras individually, the cameras (plugged directly into POE ports at rear) seem to use an internal IP range for the NVR, I can’t contact them through my network nor when connected directly to the NVR with a static IP of the same range set.

Any ideas please?

Additionally this firmware upgrade has made playback terrible , smart search seems to have gone and I can no longer do live view in a browser .

There's a lot of questions within your Post.
I think you will need to provide some further information if you are still having problems.
NVR model?
Current firmware version?
Model numbers for the cameras connected?
Their firmware version?

There's a lot of questions within your Post.
I think you will need to provide some further information if you are still having problems.
NVR model?
Current firmware version?
Model numbers for the cameras connected?
Their firmware version?
Hi
It is a nvr-208mh-c 8p
V4.30.085 b210406

Cameras are HiLook IPC-T250

I have no means of viewing their firmware version unless it’s recorded in the nvr somewhere ?

Hi @Usewhat

Do you know what firmware version the NVR was using before you updated it?

You say you have enabled virtual host but it doesn't work, so does that mean you have gone to the camera management page, clicked the virtual host link for each camera, and you don't get anything?

Hi @Usewhat

Do you know what firmware version the NVR was using before you updated it?

You say you have enabled virtual host but it doesn't work, so does that mean you have gone to the camera management page, clicked the virtual host link for each camera, and you don't get anything?
Afraid I didn’t keep a record of that.

Yes, it displays a host link for each . I’ve just clicked through on each and I get

‘Access error : 404 — not found

Can’t locate document; /not supported.asp’

Which is more encouraging than when I tried by direct IP , but worrying and potentially indicates a firmware mismatch. I’d thought one of the NVR’s jobs was to help manage the camera firmwares but getting the impression i over estimated it’s usefulness.

One camera of a different model, does allow me to connect in the above way . That is a cheap IPC-B220 on v5.4.6 . It had also lost its time and upon investigating just now thinks it’s time
Zone is Beijing.

This system has been happily installed since 2019 with no changes so I cannot understand what would have triggered the time zone change

Thanks @Usewhat

I think it is unlikely that you have installed the wrong firmware, if you tried to install firmware that was wrong the update would have failed.

Can you go to Configuration > System > System Settings > Basic Information and share a screenshot of the model & firmware information on that page?

I was thinking more likely a mismatch between the cameras and the nvr than the wrong firmware . I’ve never updated the camera firmware, only the NVR’s.

Attached , thanks

Attachments

• E650EE68-9D64-411F-9E6B-179BE6D390C4.jpeg
    E650EE68-9D64-411F-9E6B-179BE6D390C4.jpeg
    7.5 MB · Views: 104
Okay,

Maybe try downgrading the NVR firmware to v4.30.061 and see if that fixes the virtual host links.

Interesting

Downgraded the firmware ;
Virtual host still doesn’t work . But all the camera times have been fixed which was my main annoyance

Reactions: Dan
Back