01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Accessing Hikvision Cameras on my PC?

Jayesh

I currently have a Hikvision CCTV system set up using the following equipment:
  • 1No Network Video Recorder Model No.: DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P
  • 1No Network Camera Model No.: DS-2CD2355FWD-I/G
  • 4No Network Cameras Model No.: DS-2CD2355FWD-I
I used to access/view/manage my CCTV system via Internet Explorer, but this has now stopped providing access - this is what I now see:

Screenshot.jpg

I approached Hikvision for assistance for their advise on what PC based software I could use to access/manage the CCTV system and on what browser to run it on. Unfortunately, they were as useful as a chocolate teapot - they only assist professional installers and not if self-installed, which is the case for me.

Can anyone please assist?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried installing that new browser plugin?

As per below:

Upvote 0
Hi Phil,

Thank you for your response.

Please be advised that, whilst I'm marginally competent with computers, I am not nearly as technically minded on this matter as you or other members on this forum are, so apologises in advance if I start stating things that may be obvious to others!

I downloaded the "LocalServiceComponents" file via your link and followed your step-by-step instructions. Unfortunately, this did not work and I got the same message as per my previous screenshot image.

Is the fact that I'm running the software on Microsoft Explorer and/or Window 11 that's causing the issue?

If it's the web browser that's the issue, which one do you recommend to use and where can I obtain the Hikvision software to run it on this browser?

Many thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi Jayesh,

The first thing you could try is using IE (Internet Explorer) mode in Edge, the guide linked below should help you with this.

Another option is to look into downloading Hikvision's free computer software, IVMS-4200, this should then allow you to add your NVR, giving you access to your cameras, below is the link to Hikvision's website where you can download IVMS-4200 onto your computer.

Upvote 0
Hi Jake,

Thank you for the 2No options for me to try.

For the web based option, I already had "Allow" for "Allow sites to be reloaded in IE mode". The thing I am not seeing when right clicking on the IP address tab is "Reload tab in Internet Explorer mode" option (all the other options are there), so unable to run the software in IE mode.

I have therefore gone for the 2nd solution which is to download and run iVMS-4200 on the PC. This fortunately works without issues and therefore, I will drop the web base solution in favour of this one.

Thank you both Phil & Jake for your support on this issue.

Upvote 0
Back