01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Acusense NVR Gen 2 vs Gen 3?

gasparri

Hello guys,
I have a problem with buying a new NVR Acusense. I am trying to replace my old first Gen model with only 8ch.
I can see here that we have three different generations but I can't find anywhere the Gen 3 Model!
Seems that they are selling only DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/S model without (C). Am I wrong or missing something?
Also, do you guys know if there are huge differences between Gen 2 and Gen 3?

Last edited:
Hi @gasparri

I'm not sure where you are based, but I can see that the DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/S(C) is in stock with a couple of the UK warehouses.

Apart from having slightly different hardware (apparently due to chip shortages), there is very little that's different between the 2nd and 3rd generation models, so you may find that these are only being listed as non-C's by shops for ease.

So, if you ask your supplier to make sure to ship you the (C) version, they should be able to check and do this if the stock's available to them.

Hi @gasparri

I'm not sure where you are based, but I can see that the DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/S(C) is in stock with a couple of the UK warehouses.

Apart from having slightly different hardware (apparently due to chip shortages), there is very little that's different between the 2nd and 3rd generation models, so you may find that these are only being listed as non-C's by shops for ease.

So, if you ask your supplier to make sure to ship you the (C) version, they should be able to check and do this if the stock's available to them.
I see. Thanks.
Sorry if I still bother you, are differences between Gen 1 and Gen 2 more noticeable?
Thanks.

Back