01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Adding second HDD to DS-7608NI-I2 /8P NVR issue?

kmb786

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Hi all

I had my newer model DS-7608NI-I2 /8P installed in April and used the 3TB Purple WD HDD from my previous NVR model and am running five cameras in total.

I have purchased an additional same model 3TB Purple WD drive to add as a second drive but when I power on the NVR the new hard drive gives out low noise beaps for a minute or so until the NVR has fully booted up.

When I then go to the storage setting on the NVR it does not see the second drive. I have used the same cable to connect to my existing first drive and that works fine and is only when the new second drive is connected.

can someone please advise as to what the issue might be as I haven’t managed to try connecting it to a different device to confirm whether it’s a faulty drive or the NVR is not accepting it before deciding to return it as I’ve had it fir about two months but just had the time to install it now whilst I was replacing both fans with Noctua ones to reduce the noise.

thank you.

Hi @kmb786

If it is making a strange noise at startup which then stops and you cannot see the HDD in the NVRs storage management that would suggest a faulty HDD.

You will need to try the HDD in another device and if it still doesn't work you have to take it back to who you bought it from for a warranty replacement.

Hi Dan

Thanks for your reply and that was the next step I could think of so just need to try and find a device I can connect it to.

thanks

Reactions: Dan
Back