01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Auxiliary Bell for DS-KIS602?

moody_blue

Hi, I have the DS-KIS602 kit installed in a large building and I need to use auxiliary bells because, very often, there is no one near the indoor station to detect when someone rings at the door.
Is this possible?
How?

Hi, I have the DS-KIS602 kit installed in a large building and I need to use auxiliary bells because, very often, there is no one near the indoor station to detect when someone rings at the door.
Is this possible?
How?
It depends which version of the 8003 door station you have. I've just had a look at the firmware release notes for the B version and, like the model I have (6113,) they've added the mechanical door bell function in the latest firmware. That allows you to reprogram Relay 2 in the door station to 'mechanical doorbell'. When the call button is pressed it will pulse (very) briefly, so that relay can be connected to 'some' other device that will accept a common/normally open trigger. For domestic situations I connect the output across a wireless doorbell push.

You will see from one of my posts a couple of days ago that there's a small issue, in that the relay pulse is so brief (1/10th of a second or so), that some connected devices do not register it. I've e mailed Hikvision support with a description of the problem in the hope that it will be resolved in another firmware update.

The release notes detailing the function are here:

Upvote 0
It depends which version of the 8003 door station you have. I've just had a look at the firmware release notes for the B version and, like the model I have (6113,) they've added the mechanical door bell function in the latest firmware. That allows you to reprogram Relay 2 in the door station to 'mechanical doorbell'. When the call button is pressed it will pulse (very) briefly, so that relay can be connected to 'some' other device that will accept a common/normally open trigger. For domestic situations I connect the output across a wireless doorbell push.

You will see from one of my posts a couple of days ago that there's a small issue, in that the relay pulse is so brief (1/10th of a second or so), that some connected devices do not register it. I've e mailed Hikvision support with a description of the problem in the hope that it will be resolved in another firmware update.

The release notes detailing the function are here:

Thank you very much. I will check if I have version B. But the more I think about this there are two problems I need to solve:

1) Ring the auxiliary bell only during the time the DS-KH6320-WTE1 is ringing
2) Stop ringing when door is opened without answering the call in the DS-KH6320-WTE1

To solve 1) probably is better to use SIP protocol to manage Hikvision devices using an existing Asterix pbx. But how to solve 2) ?

Upvote 0
Back