01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

AX PRO ALARM DS-PS1-E-WE Wireless sounder batteries?

NickSM

H all ,
I Have to install the Ax Pro Alarm .
the question is ,
Hikvision DS-PS1-E-WE(Blue). Outdoor wireless siren of the AX PRO series. they have batteries ,but you can connect with 12v 1.5 A power supply,
if i can connect with a 12v power supply is going to be ok including the batteries as well ? or i have to take off.
cause the baterries they are not rechargeable battery.. or is going to be ok ..

please let me know if someone knows about it ..

regards Nick

A good question.

From what I can see, it is either or.
I don't think the 12 volts supply is intended to recharge the batteries.
They intend that the included batteries (with an estimated 3yrs lifespan) are replaced at maintenance visits.

I have attached a related manual with the best info on this that I could find, I hope it helps ...

Attachments

• Baseline_Wireless-External-Sounder_User-Manual_V1.0_20200706.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 400
@Phill thank you for quik respod .

So finaly I am goona leave the batteries on and plus the The 12 VDC power supply connected live ,
I hope is not going to have any issue both batteris and 12 VDC power supply at same time ..

Thank you very much ..

Regards Nick

From what I can see, it is either or.
To be clear, it is my understanding that they intend that you either use the batteries OR the 12volt supply.
NOT both.
Their illustrations show the batteries removed when the 12volt supply is connected.

They also state in a note to that illustration in the manual that the system will not comply with the relevant EN guidance if you use 12volts and no batteries.
So, their recommendation is to use the batteries.

Hi nick did you wire this up with 12v with the batteries left in I'm interested to know as I'm doing mine at the moment

I've had this bellbox fitted for 18 months - my original batteries are still showing at 100% - just in case you think you're going to be up a ladder every ten minutes changing batteries.

Hi Marc.

Yes, apparently, I was lucky to find the existing siren wire and removed all the batteries and bought a 12v 1A power supply,

and it's ok.. but some people remove the batteries and some don't.

As Cymruchris says the battery will last up to 5 years,

it depends on the people's choice..

Hi Nick

Back