01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

AX PRO AX PRO Magnetic contacts going offline periodically?

Hikvision's AX PRO intruder alarm systems

omegius

Hi All

I am at my wits end with issues on 2 of my Hikvision magnetic detectors going offline and returning online after 10 minutes periodically. Batteries and signals are strong, have tried swappign them between the AC PRO base station and 2 different repeaters with the same outcome.

Thank you

What firmware version are they running? Are these the standard ones? (Not shock)

I’ve only ever had smoke detectors go offline personally.

Hey There

They are standard models ,DS-PDMC-EG2-WE firmware v1.2.0. I will look to change the battery maybe not good connection on both. I have 12 pairs around the house and these 2 are causing havoc with my armed response lol

There is a firmware update on the EU portal to 1.4.0 which might be worth trying by updating on the browser manually.

However mine are all 1.2.0 with no issues. I have around 40 installed in various locations.

Good morning,

Firstly, thanks for the heads up regarding the firmware updates. Unfortunately, it seems to be location specific as I get "upgrade file mismatches" errors. I have double checked the proper model numbers and downloaded the next highest firmware compared to mine.

I just completed changing the battery and relocating sensor to another part of the window, signal strengthened, maybe the issue

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 103
I might be wrong but the file name can’t be changed as it doesn’t accept it. Download it and keep the file name as it is with the .tar ending.

It looks to be the wrong one too

Attachments

• IMG_3167.jpeg
    IMG_3167.jpeg
    318.7 KB · Views: 96
You Sir!!!, are a star!!!!!

Thank you very much, had a brain fart moment there

Upgrading as we speak

Can you also advise where i can get lower firmware

For example, i have a detector DS-PDMCX-E-WE with v1.0.0 firmware which is too low to upgrade to v1.4.0. I have checked EU and UK portals with no lower versions?

Unfortunately it is not possible to update devices which says "too low". I have been in talks with Hikvision on a number of times about this as its ridiculous.

The only way to update is to return the product for a manual update via serial port (so I am told). Seems a bit of a flaw considering it is part of an alarm which you would be returning....

That sucks!!!

Anyhow, thank you for all the advice, the updates seem to have settled most of my issues with disconnects thus far.

I appreciate the time you took to assist

Nathier

Sorry to piggyback another thread but I installed an AX Pro system yesterday and I've noticed two of the door contacts are on 1.2.0 whilst the other three are on 1.4.3.

Is there an idiots guide of how to update the firmware somewhere? I've found the file. I've got my system onto the Hik Partner Pro website but I've no idea if that's the right place and if it is I can't see where to update anything apart from the main unit but reading the above it sounds like it should be possible? On the Site & Device tab if I hit the little cog (guessing here) it asks for username and possible but just gets stuck and says validation failed once I refresh the page. On the On-Site Batch Upgrade page it only comes up with the main unit (DS-PWA96-M-WE) which is up-to-date.

Can anyone help me out, please?

Scratch all the above. Managed to decipher from various threads and get in on the 192. address. I've updated to 1.4.0 but 1.4.3 firmware here isn't a tar file. Anyone know where I can find it, or how to rename it?

Last edited:
Sorry to piggyback another thread but I installed an AX Pro system yesterday and I've noticed two of the door contacts are on 1.2.0 whilst the other three are on 1.4.3.

Is there an idiots guide of how to update the firmware somewhere? I've found the file. I've got my system onto the Hik Partner Pro website but I've no idea if that's the right place and if it is I can't see where to update anything apart from the main unit but reading the above it sounds like it should be possible? On the Site & Device tab if I hit the little cog (guessing here) it asks for username and possible but just gets stuck and says validation failed once I refresh the page. On the On-Site Batch Upgrade page it only comes up with the main unit (DS-PWA96-M-WE) which is up-to-date.

Can anyone help me out, please?

Scratch all the above. Managed to decipher from various threads and get in on the 192. address. I've updated to 1.4.0 but 1.4.3 firmware here isn't a tar file. Anyone know where I can find it, or how to rename it?

Bit more digging it appears that that the three on 1.4.3 are DS-PDMC-EG2-WE (B), the ones on older FW are DS-PDMC-EG2-WE. Literature on the Hikvision website looks exactly the same. Does anyone know what the difference is before I question my supplier on Tuesday?

Back