01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Axis.com website has been down for two days!? (Check our website or Contact us for Axis camera availability)

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
I have no further information, but it is very unusual for a manufacturer's website to be completely down for TWO days.
As a vendor partner of Axis it has become increasingly difficult to get hold of product month-by-month.
For some product lines we are now being given lead-times in excess of twenty weeks!
With nobody currently having access to their website it is virtually impossible to know what we can get when :(
All, very odd!

Here's a link to the Axis website Home page, which at the time of writing remains down (after noon of the second day from our UK perspective):
https://www.axis.com/en-gb/

They have a status page here:
Axis Status Page

Which currently indicates a "Major outage".

1645537366060.png

Ah, after a bit of 'digging around' their Twitter feed reveals all:
https://twitter.com/axisipvideo

1645537673229.png

We are experiencing an IT-related intrusion. For troubleshooting purposes, we have actively disabled external services, however some have already been restarted and will continue. Please refer to http://status.axis.com for updated information. We apologize for any inconvenience.

They truly have my sympathy; the team there must be experiencing a huge amount of stress sorting that out!
I am sure they will tell us more about the incident in due course.

Thankfully, our website is up & running, and you should be able to find most Axis products and supporting technical information there.

Here's a link to our webshop category for Axis IP cameras etc. (showing the newest products first).

It has been really challenging to maintain a true status of the current stock availability / lead-times recently!
We believe that their product shortages were initially due to the oft-quoted chip shortages that have been affecting the car industry along with many others.
But, in the case of Axis cameras, the shortages have been around for such a long time now, and actually seem to be getting worse!

You can reach us via webchat here if you'd like our input into the current availability to order / lead-time for any Axis products:
Tawk to Message use-IP

We are able to draw Axis stock from multiple UK warehouses, and their European stock, and to place orders upon the factory when necessary.
We'll do our best to assist you with getting the products that you need ASAP.

Last edited:
Just an FYI update, although the axis.com website is back up, it is currently not possible to login to get partner level info, firmware updates, stock availability, lead-times, etc.

1645607970309.png

Last edited:
Another day, and little improvement yet I'm afraid.
Bear with ...

We are halfway through another day, and unfortunately little further progress with their recovery, and therefore our ability to get stock & order information from Axis.
The "attack" runs deep.
It seems that Axis self-host not only all of their websites, portal, databases, etc. but also their phone system and all staff emails.
You can imagine that, with all of these systems impacted and taking days to recover, it's difficult to get and provide information.
Again, our sympathies to their techies dealing with this.

If you are waiting for Axis product information from us, please rest assured that we will be in touch with it ASAP.

Axis attack 24-2-22.png

Last edited:
Latest update on Twitter, just after 1pm (UK):
1645709862095.png

Their status page message is currently:

1645709955163.png

Please see the latest update from Axis below:

1646039331998.png

Most Axis services have now been restored.

However:
We continue to have difficulty in getting true and up-to-date stock availability.

AND we are finding (on several orders that we had already placed) when we have asked for updates the ETAs have now been pushed back by as much as two months!!!

This is very disappointing for us, but even more so for customers whom we had already given previously promised ETAs to, only now to have us contact them and tell them that an April due date has now been updated to a June due date!

In some cases they have already waited months, now we (Axis) are asking them to wait an additional two months.

We cannot know whether that latest promised due date will be met.

Honestly, nothing we can do except place the orders on the factory and wait!

We have been an Axis Partner for fourteen years - I have never known anything like this.

I can only apologise on their behalf.

If you would like to consider alternative brands or products, we are happy to help you to look at and consider other options ...

Back