01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Best settings for playback on mobile

Denzy

Looking for advice / strategies for getting the best playback performance on Hik Connect from my DS-7604NI-K1/4P (B) NVR.

With this NVR it's difficult to record a high quality main stream (eg 4k 20fps) because the mobile app can't cope with smooth playback, as it uses the same main stream.

What are the best recording settings recommended for playback over a 4G mobile networks?.

I have a G1 camera 8MP - and is a shame I can't use it to record in 4k due to the mobile issue.

For reference my upload speed is 9-10Mb - so no issue there for 1 camera I believe.,

You should be able to record in 8MP/4K and use the Hik-Connect App for remote checking

Substream = basic (not HD) view in the app correct? But it doesn't impact playback mode, which is only at the quality of the mainstream. In other words, I have to drop the resolution and bitrate ect of my mainstream to get usable mobile playback.

Also I notice the for the substream on the G1 it keeps reverting to 256 as a bitrate no matter what you set it as.

Back